347 changes anyone running E-85?

Im making some changes over the winter to my 87. Went from pro m 80 mm to 90 mm Lightning maf meter. BBK 75 mm tb /spacer to accufab 80mm tb/blank 80mm spacer i already have 4"power pipe. T moss is porting my holley efi lower intake and open up upper for the 80mm tb. Also changed from 30 lb injectors to 42 bosch green giants. Lastly im adding a mezierre 312 electric waterpump and electric fan.
Id like to change over to E 85. I have the 42 lb inj, 255 fuel pump, stock tank lines and rails. Will my fuel system be enough for e 85. My main concern is can the stock rails, tank, lines be even used with e85. Ill be tuning with innovate Lm2 and moates quarterhorse.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought one of the first flex fuel vehicles back in 2000 from Ford. The salesman told me that the lines were different due to corrosion from the E85 fuel (if I remember correctly). Other than that, I have really no knowledge of using E85, other than I know it takes more E85 to match regular pump gas.

Go back to the 80mm Pro-M...the Lightning meter is junk although atleast youll have the moates to tweak it.

E85 is more corrosive Ive only used it with aftermarket rails and lines. Your going to need volume with E85 not sure the stock lines will be enough. 1.5gal of e85 = 1gal 93

If you dont mind me asking.....Why E85? Why port the Holley lower?

Im not sure you will truly be able to take advantage of the E85 on a low compression, n/a combo... a boosted combo (like your 03) or high compression combo would be very different! I know locally we have seen variances in the E85 from batch to batch, chasing a tune sucks. I had planned to put it on mine but I am rethinking it to be honest.

E85 has around 105-110 octane and you truly do not need anywhere near that to make power with your combo, it will burn a lot colder then 93 pump. You will be able to add timing but I do not think you'll make a noticable amount of power over 34 total degrees. The Holley lower really isnt a restriction in that combo, it flows more then enough air to feed your current motor IMO.

What kind of crazy cam did Jay grind for that combo..lol? Why did you stay low compression, was boost planned in the future?

Boost maybe alittle nos wasnt sure on direction it would take in future. Plans were run n/a and save $ for dart shp swap everything over. My cobra has got all the attention and$$$$ over the past 2 yrs. Decided to uncover the old 87 for some winter mods. I have fordstrokers build sheet what specific crazy cam specs are you looking for? Whats lol it idles runs great no bucking untuned got 119 in 1/4. It had over 300 ft lbs to wheels from 3100-6250 in 2850lb street car= fun to me. Are you saying porting intake will net me no additional hp? I was just kicking around the E85 idea i planned on starting with 93 just gathering info.

Jay use to do some "interesting and odd things" with cams, I used a few of his years ago, I beleive CI is defunct now. Every cam grinder has different theories, cams are like black magic..hehe sounds like yours is working out well, I had good and bad luck with CI designs.

If you want you can email me the sheet [email protected]

Yeah I do not think you'll see a lot with the porting of the Holley but a little work on balancing the runners will not hurt a thing, Tom does good work.

Jay use to do some "interesting and odd things" with cams

Yeah I do not think you'll see a lot with the porting of the Holley but a little work on balancing the runners will not hurt a thing, Tom does good work.
I knew when i boosted with shp dart id need new cam this ones temp. Are these numbers interesting or odd? intake valve lift .560 , exhaust valve lift .565 , intake centerline 110 , lobe separation 112. All the ridges and mismatches between the bbk tb/spacer and intake were bugging me. The quality and machine work on my new accufab race 80mm is far better than bbk. Figured while im smoothing the intake air flow id get intake ported. Not expecting much just helping it breath easier. Ill post up pics before install. Thanks for replies

Did you buy the race TB unit where is is 100mm and goes down to 75 or 80mm at the blade? Those cam numbers dont tell me a lot, they are just @ .050" numbers, but that appears more normal then most.

my biggest issue with e85 is that it uses roughly 30% more fuel then normal fossil fuels also depending on supplier the octain rating can range from 105-115 i was considering a E85 setup on my 68 slowmaro and run 14.5:1 compression but thats a long off project.