347 Finally Runs!!!

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
It's been a long time coming. The last 48 hours were the most painfull.

Sunday my neighbor and I installed the exhaust system which was a pain because MAC changed the cat back design. It's more like a puzzle then a bolt on. Flow tubes are not welded on and neither is the stuff after the axle. It's still wrong and I'll have to do it over. Dropped the gas tank because the car had been sitting for over a year. Installed the driveshaft.

Today I ran over to Steeda and bought the 02 extenders for the Long Tubes. Eye balled the caster/camber plates and zapped them with the air gun. Since I changed the K-member, caster/camber plates and bump steer kit I got wheels pointing all different ways. Steeda will do my alignment again. Added all the fluids-oil, power steering, coolant, tranny and brakes.

It was time to turn key. I forgot one thing. I needed a damn battery (its always the stupid stuff). Jumped the stang with my new 06 Impala (toilet) so I had the power. Its cranking but not turning over then all of sudden-BANG!!!!!. It sounded like a bomb blowing up in my garage. I couldn't hear for a few seconds (yes, that loud). Stuff blew off my shelves. After this I knew my problem. Pulled the #1 plug, turned the motor over by hand. Found TDC and buttoned every up again. VIOLA, she starts right up. I set the timing and its all good.

Fast foward to now. I just bled the brakes and now I can stop. I took it out for a spin around the block a few times. Still have some issues but its to be expected with all the crap I changed/installed. I don't have a stat in it right now. Our cars don't run very well without one. Wanted to get the flow through the new motor since it had zero coolant inside. Tomorrow I'll get more small items squared away. I'm so beat down right now.

• Sponsors (?)

and ya had to do it on a day i am at work.....he he, i dont blame ya though, i wouldnt have waited either. ;) i think im as excited to see it run as you are since we both killed ourselves working on it over the last couple months. since you are off work now, my next day off ill see if i can get up there so we can get all the little things squared away.

Sweet, good luck! I had some issues with mine at first as well.

I had that boom happen to me once on a friends car from the timing being off. Scared the crap out of us!

Just washed it after 14 months of sitting. Car starts and idles perfectly every time. I'm actually suprised about that. I do have a 114 LSA cam though so I'm sure it helps with the idle. Timing is set at 10* and fuel pressure at 38psi. Break in is like 500 miles. That's gonna take me a year.

Rog, you working on the car for 14 months and not being there for the starting is like dating a girl and after 14 months she wants to finally put out but you don't show up. Seriously, thanks for all your help. We still have to fix the exhaust, get the front wheels some what straight so I can drive it to Steeda and some misc. crapola.

I'll take pics in a bit and post up.

The engine pic is only temporary.

*Chrome cold air kit on order.
*Stainless Steel radiator cover on order.

I also have some dress up stuff I need to get. Strut tower brace missing, plus some stuff isn't even bolted on yet (see hood strap). I also need to fix up all the wires and stuff.

03 Chrome Cobra's with 275-40-17's all the way around.

Mustang347II.jpg

Mustang347.jpg

Mustang347Engine.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang347II.jpg
    Mustang347II.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Mustang347.jpg
    Mustang347.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Mustang347Engine.jpg
    Mustang347Engine.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 97
VibrantRedGT said:
Just washed it after 14 months of sitting. Car starts and idles perfectly every time. I'm actually suprised about that. I do have a 114 LSA cam though so I'm sure it helps with the idle. Timing is set at 10* and fuel pressure at 38psi. Break in is like 500 miles. That's gonna take me a year.

Rog, you working on the car for 14 months and not being there for the starting is like dating a girl and after 14 months she wants to finally put out but you don't show up. Seriously, thanks for all your help. We still have to fix the exhaust, get the front wheels some what straight so I can drive it to Steeda and some misc. crapola.

I'll take pics in a bit and post up.
looking damn good man.....dont forget, next week we start in on mine. ;)