347 good idea?

dillonsuperman2

Sep 6, 2011
Ii have a 1991 5.0 mustang that i want to make into a 347. im wondering what all i will need to do to it to make it run the best. i already have alot done to it. Its got 24lb/hr inj, bbk:fuel pres reg, 190lph fuel pump, mid pipe no cats, fuel rails, pulleys, ssi intake, 70mm throttle bdy and shorty headers. flowmaster super 40's, pmas 74mm mass air meter, taylor 10mm wires, msd cap and coil, patriot 210/180 (if i remember right) heads, crane cams hardened push rods, and comp cams 1:6 roller rockers. I was planning on ordering a 347 kit with a new cam and 30 lb injectors and a 255 fuel pump. Do i need the new injectors and fuel pump or will the ones i put in work fine? Also, what cam would you suggest and please let me know if theres anything else i should consider getting for this setup. Thanks in advance! oh and please let me know what you think hp and 1/4 times would be before and after.I want to get it maybe in the 11's? I just want it to be a good street/strip car and dont plan on doing anything after i bore and stroke it unless i can get by with adding nitrous without having to beef anything up. Its the original 302 that came in the car. It doesnt have to pass emission tests and im planning on spending under 3000 for these upgrades. Thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

30# inj and a 255lph pump will be a good idea, Im not a big fan of the BBK intake but you can make it work, especially with a custom cam.

Ive built similar combo's and have made 380RWHP with a small intake and TB, although I've never used a Patroit head.

What are your goals with the car now and down the road? Were you planning to stay NA or is any boost or N2O in your future? Does it have to pass emissions testing? Do you have a budget in mind, stock block or aftermarket block?