347 parts list

hazmatpony

May 10, 2007
hey guys, I'm in the process of a stroker buildup. This is a list of parts I'm considering, tell me what you think so far! btw, stock block balanced and blueprinted w/ probe srs forged dished pistons.

Heads= AFR 185's w/ 58cc combustion chamber

Cam= xfi 236hr-14 ( lift:.579"/.579", duration: 286*/300*, 236*/248* @.050"

Intake= Holley systemax 2

comp cams pro magnum roller rockers, frpp hardened pushrods 5/16" dia. 6.272 length (i will check valve to piston clearance before i buy, just listing these as a package purchase) 70mm pro products tb, 75mm pro m mas, frpp 30# injectors, aeromotive afpr, and a walbro 255 lph pump.
What do you think? btw, 9.30 c/r w/58cc comb. chamber.

• Sponsors (?)

hey guys, I'm in the process of a stroker buildup. This is a list of parts I'm considering, tell me what you think so far! btw, stock block balanced and blueprinted w/ probe srs forged dished pistons.

Heads= AFR 185's w/ 58cc combustion chamber

Cam= xfi 236hr-14 ( lift:.579"/.579", duration: 286*/300*, 236*/248* @.050"

Intake= Holley systemax 2

comp cams pro magnum roller rockers, frpp hardened pushrods 5/16" dia. 6.272 length (i will check valve to piston clearance before i buy, just listing these as a package purchase) 70mm pro products tb, 75mm pro m mas, frpp 30# injectors, aeromotive afpr, and a walbro 255 lph pump.
What do you think? btw, 9.30 c/r w/58cc comb. chamber.

obviously some money has or is going into this...but that doesnt nececarrily mean its gonna make power. hve you ever consedered one of the top end kits such as holley systemax or trickflow. even edelbrock has one and they are all proven combo's

Actually, that was my intentions at first. I posed the question on another forum as to which was better holley or trickflow, and all recommendatios were to peice together a better combo myself to acheive the most power for the money involved. I have a freind w/basically the same block and stroker internals,eldelbrock perf. heads and intake and 24# injectors. He has not had it dynoed or tuned and it screams when he get's on it! Just trying to get the most for the money involved, not planning at any time to go to the tracks or do any type of racing, just want a car that is fast as hell and fun to drive!

Nice combo, here is what I would suggest...

go with a 80mm shorty PMAS air meter (PMAS is the new Pro-M)
75mm Accufab TB (they are top notch and are a much higher quality then the PP)

Pushrod length has nothig to do with Piston to Valve clearance, just geometry...if it is a 0 deck block with a typical .041" head gasket you'll end up in the 6.25" range. Use a hardened Trick Flow pushrod, hard to beat for the money..and you need hardended rods with the AFR's ;)