347 Project

aleborjas

Sep 11, 2005
hi, i decide to build a pretty fast and streetable 347 for my 88' LX, almost daily driver, this is what i thought, forged kit flat top, 185's, XE274HR cam, 30 Pounds injectors,75mm maff, stage 2 ported typhoon intake, 70mm TB, 1 3/4 long tube headers, 2.5 Xpipe etc...
the thing is that the kit sais that with 58cc heads is going to have 10.5 CR is that ok or is too much? and depends how the engine runs i problaly put 200HP shot but i what it the fastest i can N/A and what should make on 1/4mile N/A with stock T5, 3.73 gears, 26X10 sliks
any tips sugestions or any mistake i'm making? whant lots of opinions...

• Sponsors (?)

well as for compression, you can run 10-11:1 on pump gas easily. Also find out if they are computing that compression at 0 deck? Secondly a 200 shot on top of the 350 it should make easily on motor is gonna tax the block in its weakest area, the mains. Some things to consider but easily doable. What 347 kits ya lookin at?

propower's kits and i'm buying the main girdle too but i dont know about the nitrous i whant to get the best from it N/A. like how many HP's at the wheel and ET time

girdle isn't going to keep you from cracking the block, but it will TRY and keep it semi-together in case you do. If you've ever seen an overworked 5.0 thats literally split in half (which is usually what happens) you'll know what the girdles for.

just built a 347 w/ scat crank, h beams, je pistons, RHS 200s, comp everything xe282hr cam, 9.2:1 comp, moroso girdle, edelbrock rpmII intake, 42# injs, and all the goodies to boot,, i think it will like a 150 shot all the time, looking into a HP turbo setup right now,

hi i whant to know any tip on my project or see if anything is wrong i know a better intake would help like the RPM2 but about the CR and stuff like that! "forget the nitrous" i dont care the block, can i made 11.50 with this engine N/A and good suspension and good bite?