347 question

slappy9090

Apr 20, 2007
marion, iowa
This might be a genaric question, but what is the strongest 347 I can build NA tune, heads and everything. (AFR aluminums preferably) Also which kit is the best, I heard bad things about scat because I will probably go with an adder later down the road.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Strongest as in power or strongest in block/rotating assembly strength?

Brian at www.adperformance.com can sell you everything you need, from the block to the bearings, lifters to the heads, etc...

I'll try to answer both questions:

Start with a dart block, either sportsman or eagle and get a nice forged 347 stroker kit. Block runs around 1500-2000 and the kits start around 1300.

I'd go with some AFR 205's, Systemax (ported to match), custom cam (maybe higher rev setup so go with a larger intake, maybe the vic. series), 36-42lb injectors that NEED to be tuned, 75mm TB, Hooker 1 3/4" Longtubes...80mm MAF and a 3.5" or 4" powerpipe.

Of course you will need the little things like Roller Rockers, correct length pushrod, billet timing chain...

For the 'topend parts' that I just listed, you can contact Ed Curtis, custom cam designer, at www.flowtechinduction.com. He can set you up...

Good Luck!

I'd just like to add there is nothing wrong at all with the SCAT 4340 or series 9000 stuff. I'd prefer there cast stuff in most cases, and the finish on the SCAT is a little better IMO then the Eagle. However I have not had any issues at all with the new 4340 stuff from Eagle.

As far as combo goes it depends on two things budget, and what the intentions on the car is..... I have found what is streetable to me, is not streeable to some of my customers..lol Is this a street car, weekened warrior, looking to run into a class?

Just my $.02

Rick
rnhperformance.com