347 stroker cylinder heads

• Sponsors (?)

i find it interesting that people think short runner intakes negatively effect low end power like it has nothing to do with the combination of head, cam and intake. i also find it interesting that people seem to think of torque and horsepower as two different aspects of an engines power and speak like each exist in a vacuum.

Performer heads and street heat intake = too small, improve those areas + a custom camshaft, and you'll have driveability + performance. Alternatives?.... TFS TW 190cc "fast as cast", Canfield 195... intakes?... Victor Jr. with elbow, TFS Box-R.

Do YOU have any personal experience with running one? Is this from a forum member or your own personal experience?

If so, what was the combination?

i find it interesting that people think short runner intakes negatively effect low end power like it has nothing to do with the combination of head, cam and intake. i also find it interesting that people seem to think of torque and horsepower as two different aspects of an engines power and speak like each exist in a vacuum.

Runner length does have an affect as to where peak torque will occur,runner cross section has alot to do with flow capabilities which affect total power output,and plenum volume has a smaller combined affect on all thous areas.

The exhuast is the same.

Yes.....
No.... it was my own personal experience.
Which one? There are more than one.

By the same token, please answer the same questions based on your own personal experience.

Well, let's hear it. Let's hear your Victor Jr. elbow experience on your own car.

I never said I had personal experience with it. I asked you for yours.

Runner length does have an affect as to where peak torque will occur,runner cross section has alot to do with flow capabilities which affect total power output,and plenum volume has a smaller combined affect on all thous areas.

The exhuast is the same.

that is a kind of vague statement. look at the difference in advertized powerbands of long runner efi intakes versus carb intakes. how can an intake with 6" runners have a powerband the same as an intake with 15" runners with port cross sectional areas that are almost identical? also, its interesting to look at the differences in head flow with the different intake styles bolted on them.