351 breakdown what to sell.... what to keep or sell it all and go LS

Ukturf

Mar 20, 2020
Oregon
Good day folks,

I bought a 351W block from a 92 ford pickup, harness include excluding the flywheel and transmission. I took it apart to learn how a motor works and found out there really isnt much to be honest to a motor. Im way up in the air on what to do at this point as I have 347 stroker in my 89 that works just fine so this is a down the road adventure that I can piece together as time allows. Money is an option and horsepower isnt really a big thing for me. I want RELIABILITY and fun..

I also have an LC9 from a gms sierra that I replaced with a lifter issue 175k on the motor. No issues besides that...

Lets say I went the 351 W what should i be concerned with keeping (see attached pictures) and what should I simply sell or give away to those in need. Im not concerned with making money unless it holds value to the market. The block appears to be in good shape. One cylinder has two nicks in the sleeve so I would assume it would easy to bore but im not the expert. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2417.jpeg
    IMG_2417.jpeg
    605.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    657.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    571.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    630.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2420.jpeg
    IMG_2420.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2422.jpeg
    IMG_2422.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

From a performance build standpoint you are going to want better heads and intake. Those are fine for a truck and you will find a market for them to an F150 crowd. You will need the fuel rails unless you decide to get some from the aftermarket. You will probably end up using the harness from your Mustang. For the most part, a performance build for a 351 you will utilize the short block & timing cover. Depending upon whether you go with a stroker crank you may not need the crank & rods.

Sell it all.It's a non roller so not worth doing since you have a good stroked motor in your stang now. You have time to look for a roller 351w ,pick up good heads,intake,cam,and maybe a stroker kit.Then you can build that one to your liking.

Thanks for the input folks and my apoligies for the late response. im going to sell the lot to whomever wants it. Facebook marketplace is the spot. I still have an LS so I might even post that as well.