351 Cleveland Roller Rockers

I am considering installing roller rockers on my 351 Cleveland. I see that Ford Racing now has a set that are direct bolt on replacements with no machining of the pedistals required. That also eliminates the need for guide plates, studs, locks, etc. So, costwise, they look like a similar cost or maybe slightly cheaper than machining--Ford Racing shows retail at $399.95 for a set.

My questions are--how good are they? Has anyone tried them? What material are they made out of (durability--the Ford Racing web site does not specify the metal type or any info on the bearings)? Do any other companies sell bolt on rockers for the 351C?

• Sponsors (?)

More options

Scorpion makes a set. About $220 on Ebay (from Mad Dog Racing). Make sure you get the set for pedestals.

Another option is to spend about $75 and buy the Crane conversion kit that allows you to bolt "regular" roller rockers onto the pedestals.

I wouldn't use them on a 7500 rpm race motor but they should stand up to occasional blasts to 6000 with no problem.

you can also save a bit of money on the rockers themselves by getting a set of big block chevy rockers. they are usually a bit less expensive, and the ratio is very close.

I bought the conversion kit, but after seeing it in person and considering the lift and duration of my cam, I decided to have the pedestals machined.

My reasoning was this...
1. they would probably work fine, and never break, but the 2-300 I save is not worth the 4-5000 that I would be putting at risk
2. somewhere in the back of my mind I would always be *just a little* worried about what if...

Harland Sharpe is what I run for rockers, they have been making them a loooong time.

Dave-
:flag: :nice: