351 heads

whiteyford0212

Sep 21, 2004
hey guys, i had question and wondering if you ppl knew anythig about it...i know a guy who will sell me 351 heads in real good shape, new valves etc..i was wondering how well these works on a 302 block...i would do 351 heads, gt-40 intake, stock cam, 1.7 rockers..sound ok for a combo??

• Sponsors (?)

No i dont yet..i looked into it a lil bit..they say the windsors are the way to go..the cleveland ones are a lil much and arent directly a bolt-on

if they happen to be the windsors are they worth it?

whiteyford0212 said:
No i dont yet..i looked into it a lil bit..they say the windsors are the way to go..the cleveland ones are a lil much and arent directly a bolt-on

if they happen to be the windsors are they worth it?

The cleveland ones will also spank the windsor ones up one side and down the other when it comes to flow.
But, if you don't go big everywhere else too, they won't do much for you.

hmmm very interesting replies and thanks alot..my moda right now are headers, o/r h-pipe, cat-back, 3.73's, cobra intake, 65 mm t.b, 75 mass air, pullies, aftermarket clutch, cold air,suspension mods..thats about it

its my daily driver for now, looking to upgrade for cheap and not have to port/polish.i just wanna slap some heads on for a good price..also my seals are going so head time is soon

Get the gears first. I run D00E heads on my 351w. Unless they have hardened seats already, and unless the pressed in studs are converted to screw in, you'd be better of with some GT40 irons. But you'll appreciate some 3.73:1 gears better, believe me.

Ourobos said:
Get the gears first. I run D00E heads on my 351w. Unless they have hardened seats already, and unless the pressed in studs are converted to screw in, you'd be better of with some GT40 irons. But you'll appreciate some 3.73:1 gears better, believe me.

I HAVE 3.73'S ALREADY