351 help

• Sponsors (?)

throw a carb on there and be done with it IMO.. as for flywheel you wont find one from ford it has to be 28oz imbalance and 157 tooth. I searched for hours and check every parts store, the best and cheapest place i found was ebay, for about 100.00 buy it now it's a new billet steel unit with 28oz and 157 teeth, perfect machining and SFI 1.1 i believe, i wouldent hesitate to buy another. You'll also need headers for the 351w swap, i went with BBK the fitment was great(i have lowered solid engine mounts so i had to make the dent bigger to clear the steering shaft), but now that the engine is out i'm going to have the headers ceramic coated locally. Also if you need a power steering pump mount PM me, i have a billet march setup for the 351w that i wont be using since i'm going with manual steering

If i go to carb then i'm back to square one again! What $300 for an intake and $300-400 for a carb? plus i need to get a fuel tank IF the fuel injection tank wont work,fuel lines fuel pressure regulator etc. I think FRPP makes a billet steel fly wheel for the 351W i think i seen it in summit. BBK NO WAY! MAC or kooks, i will use my MAC O/R 2 1/2" PROchamber and SLP loudmouth 2's for now. I will be going to no powersteering for now i will fab a power steering bracket and whatever brackets i need.peace

john:p

i've got a performer intake for 100.00.. 300-400 for a new carb, same ones 200-300 used. throw a mechanical HV fuel pump on there, make some new short lines, get a carbed pickup tube, etc.. it can be done much cheaper than you think, i've done it..

If i go to carb then i'm back to square one again! What $300 for an intake and $300-400 for a carb? plus i need to get a fuel tank IF the fuel injection tank wont work,fuel lines fuel pressure regulator etc. I think FRPP makes a billet steel fly wheel for the 351W i think i seen it in summit. BBK NO WAY! MAC or kooks, i will use my MAC O/R 2 1/2" PROchamber and SLP loudmouth 2's for now. I will be going to no powersteering for now i will fab a power steering bracket and whatever brackets i need.peace

john:p