351 shorty headers

• Sponsors (?)

86bluecobra said:
yes box stock. As far as power goes i'm not completely sure. With my holley heads i was going 11.5's on the spray. I hope to be running low 11's now.

Are you using hydraulic roller? Do you remember how much you paid for the heads and where you got them? What's the rest of your combo?

Actually i am using a flat tappet cam. A XE 274. One day i will upgrade to a Hydraulic roller. For now i have a wiend stealth intake. I want to upgrade to the vic jr. Everything else is pretty basic. Windage tray, UD pulleys, electric fan, msd dizzy coil and a digital 6 ignition box. 373 gears. I still run my t-5. I have a 8 point roll bar in my car. Oh yah and slicks. need them to hook up. As far as suspension goes i have the wrong stuff for drag racing. I have the progressive coils from ford racing. kyb struts and shocks. Just there gas ones. I did upgrade my rear control arms to lakewoods traction action set up. thats about it. oh i did that 11.5 with a passenger and i was at 1700ft. so really i should have been very close to 10's at sea lvl by myself on my old heads. But i can not claim a 10 sec car till i have the time slip so i will have to wait. I run a 750 db holley carb.

Yes ground clearence is a issue but i have been told that the 1 3/4 inch headers is really what the 351w want. Call bassini and see if those shorties they listed would work as a swap kit. It would be sweet if they did.

86bluecobra said:
Yes ground clearence is a issue but i have been told that the 1 3/4 inch headers is really what the 351w want. Call bassini and see if those shorties they listed would work as a swap kit. It would be sweet if they did.

I emailed AFM and got the following response:

"We have used them on both 302's and 351W's as they are truly neither. They are, dimension wise, designed right in the middle."

86bluecobra said:
lol well that doesn't sound very good. maybe though you could get them then hava little added to your h-pipe to make em fit.

I want to keep it as simple as possible and not have to do that otherwise I would use Accufab's 1 3/4" mid length swap headers.