351 Swap on a 95

Mythrillium

Apr 4, 2018
So I've been poking around and doing a little research, and I was curious to know if there are any real benefits to doing a 351 swap. It seems the most I'll get out of it is higher torque and a higher displacement. Other than that, I don't see any real reason to. Though I am interested

• Sponsors (?)

In short, no real benefit (except low end torque) if your goal is 500rwhp or less. It also weights more. If you have plans to go above 500rwhp, then these are some of the benefits I can think of:
-Stronger stock block than a factory 302 block
-Larger displacement potential
-Higher N/A horsepower potential due to increased displacement
-Larger/wider torque band due to increased displacement

I'm sure there are others.....

I upgraded and love the torque. If you are gonna drive it on the street and want more, then 351 is the way to go. Keep it fuel injected and mild. My 351 is a stock dished piston, roller cam shortblock. Gt40 cast iron heads with 1.72:1 roller rockers actuated by a stock mustang H.O. camshaft. Add lightning intake and 24lb injectors, and accufab tb and egr spacer and voila!

I upgraded and love the torque. If you are gonna drive it on the street and want more, then 351 is the way to go. Keep it fuel injected and mild. My 351 is a stock dished piston, roller cam shortblock. Gt40 cast iron heads with 1.72:1 roller rockers actuated by a stock mustang H.O. camshaft. Add lightning intake and 24lb injectors, and accufab tb and egr spacer and voila!
How much did the GT40 heads run you?