351 swap ??

fastangboi

My first set of nuts vibrated themselves off.
Jul 26, 2006
Slowville
ok there have been thousands of guys that have done this swap, but my question is... Were there any unexpected snags in the project that you didnt anticipate?
I mean anything.
Its my first time going form a 302 to a 351 and i want to be prepared and do it right. i anso dont know if my 302 distributer will work. But there again im also swaping from EFI to carb. so im jumping into new waters here

• Sponsors (?)

your 302 carb will not work. One snag is if you plan on getting a vic jr intake and it is an older one you need a special msd dizzy one made specifically for the 351w with a vic jr intake. i think the new vic jr intakes have fixed the issue with clearence.

Make sure you set up your plug wires right... if you are using an HO cam then use an HO firing order...
Sorry.. little joke.. I had my car down for a month because I hooked up the wires wrong..
I'd say take your time that's the best advice I can give you. there aren't any snaggs if you read all the posts about what parts you need, I have an entire parts list of what I used to build my 351 if you are interested email me and I'll give it to you, it includes prices I paid for parts and where I found to get the best deals.