351 W Dyno Results

• Sponsors (?)

QDRHRSE said:
Who built the engine? I'm not thinking that there is anything wrong with the assembly but sounds to me like the cam is advanced- thats bad for an injected 5.0. Lots of engine builders recommend advancing cams 4 degrees. A engine builder that doesn't have a lot of injection or Ford experience might do something like that. Just an idea....
I bought it from CREB builders in Rhode Island. I actually swapped out the timing cover and verified for myself that there was not any advance on the cam, at least I think I did. The sprocket marks were exactly lined up with each other, I think that means no advance on the cam install.

SmockDoiley said:
He said his timing is 14 which is pretty fair, now as long as his total timing is in the low 30's then I dont see any problem with his timing. If all cylinders are holding pressure, everyone is firing, he fixes his lean problem and his timing is working then I dont see what else it would be besides drivetrain soak. He's got a weak ass cam and hes pushing through an old 4 speed, dana transfer case, and a built 9 inch with big tires. This isnt a mustang so stop thinking with your mustang heads. I say change the cam, break in the engine, drop the timing to 10* making sure the distributor is correctly advancing, and make sure your A/F is around 13/1.
Yeah I am definitely lean. At anything over 3600 RPM I am over 15/1 A/F ratio. I am running the C&L Mass Air, the tuner tried to get my A/F in better shape with my pressure regulator but couldn't get it any better than that, so I guess I need to switch Mass Airs, or get a chip, or I read that if you run a 19# sample tube with the 24# injectors that will fatten it right up.
Thanks

UpDATe

Hey folks,
I was just out in the driveway messing with the Bronco, and guess what? The guy had the thing in four wheel high instead of 2 wheel high. So he was spinning the entire T/C, front driveline, front diff., front axles right out to the hub. The hubs weren't in so the wheels weren't turning. I guess this guy has never dynoed a 4x4 before. I would think that had to soak up 60 tyo 80 HP turning all that crap.