351 windsor swap into a 92 GT???

98bluevert

Jan 22, 2006
Mattoon, IL
hey everone, i'm swapping a 351 carburated windsor into a 1992 efi fox body. It's my friends car and were doing this in his garage. i need to know if the motor will bolt right up or are mods needed. what do i need to do about the fuel delivery? Also will the stock tranny work/ hold 350 + horspower or should we rebuild the tranny while its out.

• Sponsors (?)

stock tranny will die under the torque produced by the 351w. as fore the fuel line i ripped all my lines out of mine and ran new 3/8 line with a new barry grant fuel pump and regulator. you need some brackets off of the 351w to bolt accesory's on. you need a 351w flywheel that will fit in the t-5 bellhousing (ie the right tooth count). you need swap headers. thats about it that i can think of off the top of my head. this has been posted many times so search the forums for it.

98bluevert said:
thanks for the info. I tried searching the forums and couildn't find a lot. so if you know anywhere else to look I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
There was a 351W swap sticky for a while. I have a complete copy of it, but it is too big to post. Send me your email address & I will send it to you.
[email protected]

hey nmcgraw thanks for the links and pointing them out. Did u look at those posts??? Not to sound like a smart @$$ but none of them have much info on a carbed 351w going into an 1992 efi 5.0 fox. Most of the post are on 351w efi going into 5.0 efi or 351w carbed going into 5.0 carbed bodies. Now I don't know alot about these things thats why I posted the question.

NEED INFO ON 5.0 EFI SWAP TO 351W CARBED

98bluevert said:
hey nmcgraw thanks for the links and pointing them out. Did u look at those posts??? Not to sound like a smart @$$ but none of them have much info on a carbed 351w going into an 1992 efi 5.0 fox. Most of the post are on 351w efi going into 5.0 efi or 351w carbed going into 5.0 carbed bodies. Now I don't know alot about these things thats why I posted the question.

NEED INFO ON 5.0 EFI SWAP TO 351W CARBED

Not a smart ass. My mistake, i missed the efi to carb swap.

But not to be a smart ass on my part, but whats different? The fuel supply? Are you asking how to set up a carb? If not, in my opinion, you need to know what you have to do to put a 351w in a stang. Those links help you...and more searching will do even more. But i believe your questions have been answered about a 351w swap cause swapping to a carb isnt motor specific.

Now unless im a complete idiot, if u take off the lower intake on a motor then there is no difference between a carb and EFI motor. So, like i said, the 351w swap issues have been addressed...maybe you still have carb swap issues:shrug:

Just bustin your balls bro :cheers: since i know absolutely NOTHING about carbs, here is a TTT for ya.

Quick question, why do u want to ditch efi? It bolts right on basically...