351w 1967 Toploader Swap

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Coleman Bales, Jun 27, 2014.

  1. Hey guys, im am brand new to this forum, and would just like to say that i am glad to be here. Anyway, i have had my 1967 coupe stang for a few months now, and love almost everything about it, except for the fact that its an automatic. I would very much enjoy to drive a 4 speed toploader in it, just because i like driving stick over auto. Now i realize that there are plenty of threads on this swap, and i have a list of the required parts i am going to need, but i would very much appreciated some help on getting the correct tranny for my specific car. I found that in 67, on a 289 mustang the toploader code is RUG-E. Being that i have a 351w out of a 69 car, would this bolt up directly? If not please let me know what code i should look for. Also, once i am finished with the swap, if i sell the automatic parts that came off of the car do you think i would be able to make most of my money back?
  2. The top loader code you have is for a Wide ratio ,it will work with a 351. All the small block 4 speeds will interchange with 289, 302, and 351.
    There is a site for 4 speeds and most other Ford parts that every one should see ,it has part numbers for all Ford parts . www.mustangtek.com
    This is really a great site .:nice::nice:
  3. I don't think you will get "most" of your money back. Some of it for sure, but not most. A used C4 that needs a rebuild isn't in high demand these days...