351W block hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure if its worth a trip from Chicago for you, but I know of a '69 351W block for sale, standard bore and freshly sonic checked and machined. The guy wants $400 for it. i tihnk he's in CT. PM me for the number if you want it. 1969-1974 are the strongest year production blocks.

Damn man.wish I were closer,but i would never be able to find the time to take a trip like that.69-74, huh..I read something about that.Is there a 4 bolt 351w?I wasn't sure if there was or not.What is another common year you guys get 351's out of?

I don't think any of them ever came with 4 bolt mains from the factory.

69-74 are the strongest, they have a higher nickel content. I usually ****** these up whenever I see them because they are desireable.

94-96 trucks are set up with a roller cam from the factory, but they aren't as strong as the 69-74's. The way to go would be a 69-74 block with a roller cam retrofitted.

69-74 are the strongest, they have a higher nickel content. I usually ****** these up whenever I see them because they are desireable.

94-96 trucks are set up with a roller cam from the factory, but they aren't as strong as the 69-74's. The way to go would be a 69-74 block with a roller cam retrofitted.

LOL! I can't say ******? It's another word for grab, snitch with an "a", that's funny!

What kind of power do you plan to push through this thing? The sad fact is that the 351's aren't much stronger than the 302's and it's not the mains that is the weak point as they usually split right up the middle.

The 69-74's had a higher nickel content to them but they are getting rare and people want to much for them. If you want real strenght look towards an aftermarket or race block.

What kind of power do you plan to push through this thing? The sad fact is that the 351's aren't much stronger than the 302's and it's not the mains that is the weak point as they usually split right up the middle.

The 69-74's had a higher nickel content to them but they are getting rare and people want to much for them. If you want real strenght look towards an aftermarket or race block.

Really? Because I keep hearing of people successfully pushing 600-700 to the wheels through these things.

Ok, 302's aren't nearly as strong as 351's. Generally the 302's can split from 450 rwhp and up. RPM plays a big roll in the life expectancy, so does whats making the power, is it some sick NA setup? Blown? Turbo? Nitrous? Turbos cars are generally more forgiving.... There are 351's holding over 800 going low 8's and are still running. So how is that not much stronger then a 302??

Ok, 302's aren't nearly as strong as 351's. Generally the 302's can split from 450 rwhp and up. RPM plays a big roll in the life expectancy, so does whats making the power, is it some sick NA setup? Blown? Turbo? Nitrous? Turbos cars are generally more forgiving.... There are 351's holding over 800 going low 8's and are still running. So how is that not much stronger then a 302??

x2 Seen plenty of fast stuff w/ stock block!

ive also seen boosted stock 302's going north of 700hp, would i gamble that, **** no but doesnt mean that its not possible

slight correction, they are set up for a roller cam but they do not come with rollers from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.