351W build sheet questions? @@@@@@

stang_380

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
St. Paul
This is my stock stroke 351W engine components, I dont know some of the specs i just have whats written on the build sheet.
CS 1020R Melling cam <-- Unknown specs, do you know what brand?
Kieth Black 151- .030 pistons <-- are these pistions domed? Raise C/R?
Lightning Heads 68cc <-- is this the stock 351W C/C size?

I was hoping i could get an estimate on my C/R?
C/R to high to boost?
Do these pistons give me enough room for 2.02 valves?
Can i buy heads with a smaller C/C size and run pump gas? Afr 205s?

please help me i have no idea what do do for heads or if i can add a blower!

My current out put at the rear wheels is 275 rwhp and 380 rwtq.

thanks for your help

:flag: :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Your cam is made by Melling, most standard autoparts stores carry them www.melling.com and you can find the info you need.

I can't find the link to KB web site, but if you can find that you can look up and get all the specs on the pistons.

Once you have the pistons specs I can help you determine the compression ration, 68cc is a big chamber unless you have a decetn dome pistons I would GUESS the compression ratio is 9:1 or less right now.

Do you know if the motor is a "0" deck?

Hey rick i found the website and the Specs on the KB pistion, http://www.kb-silvolite.com/performance.php?action=comp the site also has C/R calculator for each pistion all you need to do is enter your C/C size. My C/R is approximatly 9:8 The piston specs say "6.5cc/Flat top Effective Head Volume: 6.5cc"
Does that mean they are not domed just taller? Is the C/R to high for even a mild blower or nitrous? Also one more question, if you look at the KB link ive listed in the pic of the piston, will those valve reliefs allow 2.02 valves?

I am surprised the compression is that high with a 6.5cc falt top and a 68cc chamber..

Flat top means the piston is flat on top with small reliefs for the valves, the releifs total 6.5cc.

What is the web address?