Max pull was made by holding 6,000-6,100 rpm and
taking a snap shot reading.

Normal run up and release pull gave 468hp at 5,900 rpm and 433 ft/lbs at 5,400

Equip list:

351W w/ .03 over bore
AFR 185's w/ 10:1 c/r
CompCams XFI 236HR-14 cam
Windage tray
Long tube headers, VicJr. intake, 750 cfm carb.

I will be running it with TrickFlow EFI though

Vid of 475 pull
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/rbarn1234/?action=view&current=P1010027.flv

dyno2.jpg

dyno1.jpg

Attachments

• dyno2.jpg
    dyno2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 484
  • dyno1.jpg
    dyno1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 507
  • Sponsors (?)

hey man im ordering afr 185s on friday i have a 1974 351 W block bored .40 over, my blocks a non roller so i was told i dont need the updated springs from ARF, also ur running all motor pushing 470 HP? would i be running the same, afr 185s, air gap performer RpM intake, i dont know what cam/ or lifters or rockers to get could u help me out some looks like u knowe what ur doing, also im going to put some fresh flat tops in it, what should i go with...car will be my daily driver in the summer. thanks

87Mustang351 said:
hey man im ordering afr 185s on friday i have a 1974 351 W block bored .40 over, my blocks a non roller so i was told i dont need the updated springs from ARF, also ur running all motor pushing 470 HP? would i be running the same, afr 185s, air gap performer RpM intake, i dont know what cam/ or lifters or rockers to get could u help me out some looks like u knowe what ur doing, also im going to put some fresh flat tops in it, what should i go with...car will be my daily driver in the summer. thanks

mine has stock crank, stock rods, forged pistons with 13cc dish
with ARP bolts and main studs.
Also added an FMS windage tray.
with 58cc AFR heads this made right at 10:1 compression

If I were you I would call camshaftinnovations.com and get
a cam/head package from them.

You would get the right cam, the right springs and they
sell Canfield heads.
After seeing flow charts I wish I had gotten Canfield 195's
supposedly they cost less too.

HELL YES!!!

Now we gotta get that thing back in the car and put those ten hole tires to REST PERMANATLY!!!

I should be picking up my heads from the machine shop tommorow and taking them to USA :nice: . It's almost time to make some money.
I'll give you a call tommorrow bud.

hmmm, not bad for a 357 ... is that what you were looking for? sounds like a pretty mild build up to me. i'm looking for more like 450 at the wheels out of my 410 build, which translates to closer to 530 at the crank. i'm going with 205 heads and a custom cam.

is it for the street?

BlackVert said:
hmmm, not bad for a 357 ... is that what you were looking for? sounds like a pretty mild build up to me. i'm looking for more like 450 at the wheels out of my 410 build, which translates to closer to 530 at the crank. i'm going with 205 heads and a custom cam.

is it for the street?

was more than expected, figure after i install it and put real
exhaust on and an air filter and p/s pump and all that other shyt
I should have a solid 450hp to play with.

was hoping for 425-450 so I'm more than happy.

Know some one has a 408W w/ AFR 205's and carb he
puts down like 430rwhp.

You should be able to get close

and yeah this is a pure weekend street brawler.