351w heads

86bluecobra

Advanced Member
Dec 20, 2004
B.C. Canada
i have a set of 69 windsor heads and my question is do they flow better then the systemax II heads i have on it now? or are they simular? i know the systemaxII heads are 165cc intake runners and 1.90 and 1.60 valves. not sure about the 69 heads.

• Sponsors (?)

The 69-70 D00E Winsdor heads are pretty much on par with standard GT$) iron heads.... That being said, the Systemax heads are WAY better, plus being aluminum, they're lighter.

95GTAODE said:
The 69-70 D00E Winsdor heads are pretty much on par with standard GT$) iron heads.... That being said, the Systemax heads are WAY better, plus being aluminum, they're lighter.
uh the 69 heads are FAR above your standard e7 head....maybe you meant to type GT40P?:shrug: im talking about the c9 heads not the d00e

HahA. Yeah, I meant standard GT40 irons. The C9 and D0 heads are essentially the same performance wise. Regardless, the Systemax heads he already has outperform them easily.

95GTAODE said:
HahA. Yeah, I meant standard GT40 irons. The C9 and D0 heads are essentially the same performance wise. Regardless, the Systemax heads he already has outperform them easily.
the c9 heads are different in nearly EVERY aspect...port volume, valve size and cc volume. I have both at the house....the e7 heads are even better than the d0 heads

Modular2v said:
the c9 heads are different in nearly EVERY aspect...port volume, valve size and cc volume. I have both at the house....the e7 heads are even better than the d0 heads

Have you looked at a set of D0OE heads befor?

There alot better than E7's nad they are ready for stud mount rockers.

Reason I know is cause I got a pair in shop,there my test porting heads.

bluevenom867 said:
Have you looked at a set of D0OE heads befor?

There alot better than E7's nad they are ready for stud mount rockers.

Reason I know is cause I got a pair in shop,there my test porting heads.
when i say d00e heads i mean post 70 heads.....they are trash! funny you say that the do heads are also my test port heads lol

C9s are among the best stock castings Ford ever made, only slightly lower performance than a GT40P head, and the biggest advantage the P has is a better plug angle for more efficient cylinder combustion. I've got some ported/polished C9s waiting for new valves, 1.90/1.60, and they're going to rip like a mofo. That said though, my C9s don't have stock size intake valves and have been thoroughly worked over.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
C9s are among the best stock castings Ford ever made, only slightly lower performance than a GT40P head, and the biggest advantage the P has is a better plug angle for more efficient cylinder combustion. I've got some ported/polished C9s waiting for new valves, 1.90/1.60, and they're going to rip like a mofo. That said though, my C9s don't have stock size intake valves and have been thoroughly worked over.
my c9s have been ported with bigger stainless valves also..im hoping they rip:D

so basically it would be a bad idea to throw the old winsor heads on my stang and the holley heads on my f-150. i guess once i get that line of credit payed off ill buy a set of afr 205's for my mustang then put the holleys on my truck. mightaswell go over kill on the heads for now since the 408w is in my future.

i guess i should just order them and install and see if they clear. i guess yakking to the afr guys would also be a good idea. btw did you read about the 1000hp + motor in the new 5.0l mag a stroked 427w with a blower. 90 octane gas and 17 pounds of boost.

86bluecobra said:
i guess i should just order them and install and see if they clear. i guess yakking to the afr guys would also be a good idea. btw did you read about the 1000hp + motor in the new 5.0l mag a stroked 427w with a blower. 90 octane gas and 17 pounds of boost.

Lol,yea the only way your gonna know is if you have them.I bet they would fit though,plus you can always get a thicker gasket.

And no I didnt see the new 5.0,I saw the build-up summery issue though.I doubt that was on strait 90 octane though...