351w in sn95 with stock hood?

does the 96 cobra hood make it easier?

I have been looking ito a 351 in the future over the 341, but the cowl hood made me not want to do it.

moving the motor mack and inch does what to shifter position and do you have to get a custom driveshaft?

I think an inch closer on the shifter would be better for me...I am a short 5'9

• Sponsors (?)

96-98 Cobra hood will make it fit fine... in stock location... by the way i have to argue Jerrys post because the difference in moving the engine back one inch doesn't move everything an inch my exhaust didn't move my tranny moved not even a 1/2 inch... e-mail me for whom ever wants the directions on the k-member deal though.

Danny

[email protected]

This setup has ran in my old car 89lx.
elderbrock rpm heads
rpm intake
stock cam or TFS stage 1 (just what i have laying around)
70mm tb
42lb injectors
pro-m blow throw
stock a9l
custom twin .60 .63 turbocoupe turbos
Ran just like a stock car.
It ran this right off the street with no tuneing of a 7.49 at 96.9 mph in the 1/8 at 8psi.
This time i will up the boost and put good gas in it. And change to 2 1/2 down pipes Had 2 1/4.

stang_gt_1994 said:
You could get drop motor mounts and then move the k member down alittle. The problem with doing so is having to get custom headers made to clear everthing. But since you are going with a TT setup it doesnt matter. I would like to see the rest of your plans with this wild setup. "Like" : heads, CI, Cam, engine magagment. Let us know.

He is doing this for a turbo motor so custom headers wont be a problem the down pipes might be a pain in the ass but you can jsut run the down pipe through k-member and that usealy works out fine with a good aftermarkte kmember.

Well im try to stay with the stock k member now. But if i cant get it under the stock hood with out moveing the engine back i will go with a aftermarkte k member.

(331 cobra) you happen to have a link?

331 cobra,
The trick flow intake box is even taller than the trick flow r unit, if I recall right it was about 3/4-1" taller and a whole lot wider on the top side which from what I could tell would cause all kinds of fitment/clearance issues.

If it was me I would only drop the engine, moving it back an inch sounds like you'll be opening a can of worms. The swap is difficult enough why make it any harder? If your getting a cobra hood there isn't many efi intake combos that wont fit especially with the drop mounts. Good luck

Ok now that is been said a few times I will tell you the story.

The car was a 96 v6 car. So the k member was the wrong one for a 302 or 351. So I made custom plates to move the engine (302) forward 1 inch. Stock 94 95 car would be 2 inches forward to put it in the stock place. The reason I didn’t make the plate move the engine 2 inch is because my TKO trans. requires 5/8 added to the stock length drive shaft. So if I just moved it a 1'' the stock drive shaft will be fine to.

But now im putting a 94-95 k member because the 96+ also rases the motor. And the 94-95 will lower it to stock. So I can try and make the 351 fit.

So I will still be moving the engine back 1'’ if it helps. Because this also helps on my drive shaft problem.

Guys what pan was useing to put this in the sn95. I was just going to use the Ford Racing Oil Pan but is says it fits 79-93 why not 94 and 95? Looks like it should work just fine.

later