351w Performer, Edelbrock 600, 351w D0OE heads for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
Granada Hills, California
Finished my engine buildup and have some leftovers that I figured I'd offer the fine patrons of Stangnet before throwing them on ebay etc. All prices are obo and do not include shipping. If you're interested in picking them up, I'm in zip 91320, Thousand Oaks, California. I will post pictures of everything tonight.

1970 D0OE 351w cylinder heads - $200
Good shape, about 3,000 miles on them (they were part of Autozone rebuilt engine that we got a few years ago). Valvetrain worked flawlessly. Completely untouched/unported, worked great just switched to Trick Flows. Include rockers, springs, stems, seals, etc. These are the ‘good’ 351w stock heads (69 and 70 are the best heads, performance-wise, for the 351w or SBFs in general).

Edelbrock Performer 351w - $100
Used Performer aluminum 4-barrel intake. Advertised as a higher-performance stock replacement, the intake is designed for engine speeds from idle to 5500 rpm. Weighs ~20 lbs less than stock 4 barrel intakes. Should yield better than stock economy as well.
Intake is in good condition, has roughly 5,000 miles on it (I purchased it new for my 66 in 2004 from Summit). Threads are all in great shape. No porting or other work whatsoever has been done to this intake. Went with a more aggressive intake to match the new heads.

Summit link (including detailed specifications, instruction manual) below:

Edelbrock 2181 - Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifolds - summitracing.com

Edelbrock Performer 600 cfm carburetor (PN 1406) - $150
Used Performer 600 cfm carb. Great working shape, yields good power and economy in any application (SBF or not). Purchased new in 2004 from Summit (along with the intake above). Extremely intuitive, easy to tune, and should run great out of box. Looks good too (very shiny, if you're like me and into that kind of thing).
Also have the carb tuning kit (with various metering rods, springs, etc) for tuning purposes (its jetted/metered stock currently).

Edelbrock 1406 - Edelbrock Performer Carburetors - summitracing.com

Other random things I have laying around (make an offer):
Stock type 'Powered by Ford' valve covers. Good shape, don't leak, include breathers/pcv grommet and have baffles. Repaint them and they'd be baller.

Stock 66 shock tower-firewall braces

Stock harmonic balancer (will give away for a candy bar, its in usable shape)

Stock 69 351w camshaft (looks great)

Stock front sway bar

Stock length 351w pushrods - perfect shape

Stock paper 2" tall, 14" diameter paper air cleaner (brand new, came with drop air cleaner, went with K&N)

Drop air cleaner (net height is under 2" from carb flange, cover is brand new and flawless, it clears my Holley street avenger and my old edelbrock, so it probably clears anything).

14 stock lifters (yes, 14... converted two to solid lifters for checking valvetrain geometry and lost the retaining clips... the other ones are in great shape though :) )

PM me or call 805-822-8505. Thanks for looking!

• Sponsors (?)

how much for the 351 cam and the drop base air cleaner? also what kind of air cleaner is it?

The air cleaner is essentially a TRD-2147 (it uses the base of a used TRD-2195, but the base itself is exactly the same as the 2147's). Its brand new, designed for a 2" tall filter, has a base dropped 1" and a net height of 1 5/8" from the carb. Its the lowest profile air cleaner on summit's page (details below). The modifications to the base are minor and provided a little extra clearance for the Edelbrock's choke.

I could just return it but I've already sent a few boxes back to Summit and don't feel like packing another one (they already got confused between all my recent orders, refunds and returns, no need to make it worse, lol). The top of the air cleaner is essentially flat for a little extra clearance. They list at $40 before shipping/handling/taxes, I'd take $25, maybe adjustable some if shipping is more than I expect because of its size.

Trans-Dapt Performance Products 2147 - Trans-Dapt Performance Chrome Air Cleaners - summitracing.com

The cam... umm... I guess I'll officially ask $25 for it plus shipping.

Sorry for the delay with pictures, I'll get them up tonight, promise.

Apparently the front sway bar has been thrown out (not that anyone would have wanted it anyway).

I did forget to mention I have a 351w timing chain (should work on any SBF, I believe), that has a couple thousand miles on it as well, as it came with the same longblock the heads/cam/valvetrain was on.

The air cleaner is essentially a TRD-2147 (it uses the base of a used TRD-2195, but the base itself is exactly the same as the 2147's). Its brand new, designed for a 2" tall filter, has a base dropped 1" and a net height of 1 5/8" from the carb. Its the lowest profile air cleaner on summit's page (details below). The modifications to the base are minor and provided a little extra clearance for the Edelbrock's choke.

I could just return it but I've already sent a few boxes back to Summit and don't feel like packing another one (they already got confused between all my recent orders, refunds and returns, no need to make it worse, lol). The top of the air cleaner is essentially flat for a little extra clearance. They list at $40 before shipping/handling/taxes, I'd take $25, maybe adjustable some if shipping is more than I expect because of its size.

Trans-Dapt Performance Products 2147 - Trans-Dapt Performance Chrome Air Cleaners - summitracing.com

The cam... umm... I guess I'll officially ask $25 for it plus shipping.

Sorry for the delay with pictures, I'll get them up tonight, promise.

ok, let me check my finances and make sure i can actually spend the money (in other words get it approved with the CFO) and i'll let you know. is that "official" price on the cam negotiable?

ok, let me check my finances and make sure i can actually spend the money (in other words get it approved with the CFO) and i'll let you know. is that "official" price on the cam negotiable?

I think 25s fair but if shipping comes out to be more than I expect due to the awkward size and weight, then I could adjust it some. 25s pretty cheap for a cam though.

pics

pics of air cleaner, carb, intake, timing chain, pushrods, and heads... more (or the full sizes... which you can also find by following each pictures' url in the properties tab) on request...

100_1411.thumb.jpg

100_1412.thumb.jpg

100_1414.thumb.jpg

100_1415.thumb.jpg

100_1416.thumb.jpg

100_1417.thumb.jpg

100_1418.thumb.jpg

100_1422.thumb.jpg

100_1419.thumb.jpg

100_1420.thumb.jpg

100_1421.thumb.jpg

100_1423.thumb.jpg

100_1424.thumb.jpg

100_1425.thumb.jpg

100_1427.thumb.jpg

100_1428.thumb.jpg

100_1429.thumb.jpg

100_1430.thumb.jpg

Dear Sad,
I am just getting started on a '67 fastback restoration. Give me a price for the whole package (heads, intake, carb, harmonic balancer, timing chain/sprockets, pushrods, cam). What material in heads (alum vs iron)?
Thanks,
Buzz Barnett
Hipobuzz
[email protected]

Ill take the heads 351w call chris at 6613043594 thank you

Ill take the heads 351w call chris at 6613043594 thank you
Finished my engine buildup and have some leftovers that I figured I'd offer the fine patrons of Stangnet before throwing them on ebay etc. All prices are obo and do not include shipping. If you're interested in picking them up, I'm in zip 91320, Thousand Oaks, California. I will post pictures of everything tonight.

1970 D0OE 351w cylinder heads - $200
Good shape, about 3,000 miles on them (they were part of Autozone rebuilt engine that we got a few years ago). Valvetrain worked flawlessly. Completely untouched/unported, worked great just switched to Trick Flows. Include rockers, springs, stems, seals, etc. These are the ‘good’ 351w stock heads (69 and 70 are the best heads, performance-wise, for the 351w or SBFs in general).

Edelbrock Performer 351w - $100
Used Performer aluminum 4-barrel intake. Advertised as a higher-performance stock replacement, the intake is designed for engine speeds from idle to 5500 rpm. Weighs ~20 lbs less than stock 4 barrel intakes. Should yield better than stock economy as well.
Intake is in good condition, has roughly 5,000 miles on it (I purchased it new for my 66 in 2004 from Summit). Threads are all in great shape. No porting or other work whatsoever has been done to this intake. Went with a more aggressive intake to match the new heads.

Summit link (including detailed specifications, instruction manual) below:

Edelbrock 2181 - Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifolds - summitracing.com

Edelbrock Performer 600 cfm carburetor (PN 1406) - $150
Used Performer 600 cfm carb. Great working shape, yields good power and economy in any application (SBF or not). Purchased new in 2004 from Summit (along with the intake above). Extremely intuitive, easy to tune, and should run great out of box. Looks good too (very shiny, if you're like me and into that kind of thing).
Also have the carb tuning kit (with various metering rods, springs, etc) for tuning purposes (its jetted/metered stock currently).

Edelbrock 1406 - Edelbrock Performer Carburetors - summitracing.com

Other random things I have laying around (make an offer):
Stock type 'Powered by Ford' valve covers. Good shape, don't leak, include breathers/pcv grommet and have baffles. Repaint them and they'd be baller.

Stock 66 shock tower-firewall braces

Stock harmonic balancer (will give away for a candy bar, its in usable shape)

Stock 69 351w camshaft (looks great)

Stock front sway bar

Stock length 351w pushrods - perfect shape

Stock paper 2" tall, 14" diameter paper air cleaner (brand new, came with drop air cleaner, went with K&N)

Drop air cleaner (net height is under 2" from carb flange, cover is brand new and flawless, it clears my Holley street avenger and my old edelbrock, so it probably clears anything).

14 stock lifters (yes, 14... converted two to solid lifters for checking valvetrain geometry and lost the retaining clips... the other ones are in great shape though :) )

PM me or call 805-822-8505. Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.