351w questions about power

my67stang

Aug 22, 2005
I found a guy who is selling his 351w and asked for some specs about it. They are as follows:

"ALRIGHT, here goes....it is a stock 72 block and a stock 72 crank...but that is the limit of the 'stockness'. The block has been bored .030 over(357ci) and bored with torque plates, line honed, decked and checked for squareness, thermo cleaned and checked for cracks. That crank is 'race prepped', turned .010/.010, cleaned, checked, shot peened the whole works. It has bushed forged DSS I-beam connecting rods, and forged DSS pro-lite pistons. The pistons have a 18cc dish and are flycut for normal heads and the trick flow heads. With my EFI build up, I had a trick flow intake and AFR 185cc heads..and with my track times and NO tune, I figured I had at least 425-450hp...with a carb motor I would expect, with the right combo, about 450-475 at the least! The weakest link of this whole setup is the block itself. The rods and pistons are good till about 7500-8000RPM, and about 800-900HP, the crank is a race prepped crank and I have seen them go in 750-800hp motors, before the BLOCK cracked. So this motor is not for the stock buildup. I built this thing to handle some power and boost. I planned on running it to the block limit of 750-800hp. So with all that...let me know what you think. I have reciepts for everything so you know what you are getting. I have about 1800 bucks in it. I just want it gone...I could use the money for bills. THanks

What do you guys think? For a little under $1000?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i personally am going all forged with h beam connecting rods and I am looking to push around the same, but I want the thing to be bullet proof. Unfortunately I am not an engine guru by any means so I could tell if that would hold up for sure or not. Everything I have read and people I have talked to suggested using a forged crank and H beams. I guess my concern is the guy told you a cast crank would take 850hp no problem.