351w stroker question

KrazZ27

Feb 16, 2008
I have a 351w out of a 95 ecoline was wondering what size stroker kit i should put in it i want it to be able drive to the track and at least run low 11's high 10's i have a 92 hatch i am going to put in it any info would help thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

i recently built a 393, not sure what kind of numbers i will be putting down with my current set up but im hopin for around 500ish and low 12's

id hafta dig around for all of my reciepts but ive got maybe 600 in my rotating assembly. the biggest chunk of that being the pistons.

ive heard alot of good but mostly bad things about the 408 kit any idea how relible it would be would it be streetable or is it just not worth it to go that big?

There is nothing wrong with a 408 or a 4" stroke motor, yes it has a little more side loading but there are some factory set-ups with worse rod ratios.

It depends on your budget, personally I'd go 408ci (20-22cc dish piston will get you about 10.5:1 with a 58cc head), a good 200cc+ head and then match the rest of the components not surte if your staying EFi or carb.

What kind of budget do you have??? Don't forget about the rest of the component in your car, chassis, suspension, driveline, fuel system, etc....all of these need to be looked at for a reliable 10 sec car.

I'd go 408. Rick actually put together a 427 dart blocked motor for me. 10.4:1 compression, PS/AC, and a 5 speed transmission. Puts down 467rwhp/471rwtq and has pretty decent street manners. No track times yet because it goes back under the knife to get a TKO transmission put in this week.

I was planning on running a carb on it but as far as budget i have nothing but time to finish this project any input on what brand i should go with i hear eagle cranks have a problem with balancing from the factory so i was thinking about a scat crank as far as transmission im little stumped as well i want to run an auto but dont know if i should go with a c4 or a powerglide any idea?

There is nothing wrong with the Eagle 4340 internal balance cranks..... You have to watch out for the hear say info, if you are not going to build the motor yourself, work with a good builder so you can get the combo you need. I suggest figuring out a budget of what you want to spend and go from there, this will really help steer the builder into the combo you can afford.

I also wouldn't suggest a glide, they are not a lot of fun on the street.... You can go C4, Turbo 400 or if you need overdrive AOD.