351w Swap - 4 cyl. AC & Power Steering??

Ok I’m doing a 351w stroke to 408; I just pulled the 4 cylinder engine out of the car this weekend. I was wondering if I can use any of the front accessories from the old 4 cylinder, mainly the POWER STEERING and the AC. I know ill will need some type of new brackets, but I know I can get brackets for the 5.0 to 351w swap. So I guess I need to know if the PS and AC pumps are the same from the 4 cylinder Cars to the 5.0 cars. Thanks everyone, pictures below.

dsc005798yd.th.jpg dsc005857eq.th.jpg dsc005807zc.th.jpg

Attachments

• dsc005798yd.th.jpg
    dsc005798yd.th.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 131
  • dsc005857eq.th.jpg
    dsc005857eq.th.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 149
  • dsc005807zc.th.jpg
    dsc005807zc.th.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Sponsors (?)

The P/S pump on my 4 banger is the same as the p/s on the 5.0s.
You are right about needing the bracket though.

I am not sure if the a/c from the 2.3 will bolt up to the 5.0 bracket though :shrug:

I don't have a/c on the 2.3.

Good to hear your making progress

jason

The power steering pump is the same although im told with the 5.0 motor turning the 2.3 pump the rack could lock up meaning a no-steer condition but I have gotten the same part number for a 5.0 and 2.3 pump so im assuming it was a fluke.It will need a new bracket the 4 cylinder bracket is way different, good luck finding one and if you find 2 i'll buy one from ya for $50.The a/c pump will not work it is a completely different pump and there are no brackets that interchange to make it fit a 5.0 or a 351.The pulley on the power steering will work with a 351/5.0. And last but not least you need an alternator bracket either march performance 351 alternator bracket or stock 83-93 mustang 5.0 bracket will work on the 351 just gotta measure the belt .On my last 83 mustang with a 351W/427 I used all stock 5.0L accesories even the mustang 5.0 water pump will fit

83Mustang427TT said:
The power steering pump is the same although im told with the 5.0 motor turning the 2.3 pump the rack could lock up meaning a no-steer condition but I have gotten the same part number for a 5.0 and 2.3 pump so im assuming it was a fluke.

I wonder if pulley selection could cause a problem?
Too large of a p/s pulley may not supply enough fluid?

just thinking out loud

The pullies are the same just got some info off of a site one time way back when I did the 351W swap the 1st time to My last mustang ,But I think it was a bad pump they had...I am having alot of trouble finding the P/S bracket off a 5.0 mustang otherwise I would tell ya if it will work or not:shrug: .I know the lines are the same for the 5.0 and 2.3 the only difference is the 5.0 has a metal line that runs up to the top of the radiator core and back down to the bottom but they hook up to the actual pump the same ,Im assuming for thought it would be sufficient enough to be called a P/s fluid cooler:notnice:As for the A/c My car is at my friends shop so we just evacuated the system and pulled the A/c out