351w swap question

MustangGlx

Apr 2, 2003
Connecticut
Tell me everything i need and need to do to drop an EFI 351w into a foxbody. I was told that the lower intake manifold was the only thing different, parts wise, between the 351 and the 302, so theoretically, i could just change the lower intake manifold and then take everything else off the 5.0?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

MustangGlx said:
Tell me everything i need and need to do to drop an EFI 351w into a foxbody. I was told that the lower intake manifold was the only thing different, parts wise, between the 351 and the 302, so theoretically, i could just change the lower intake manifold and then take everything else off the 5.0?
thanks
Different oil pan, water pump, headers, accessory brackets. Am I missing anything else? You can get all of the swap parts from FRPP, Steeda, Summit etc. You can buy the parts in a Fox body conversion kit for around $250.00 minus the accessory brackets. It's theoretically a pretty simple swap but there a few things that are different.

Let me know how this goes. I'd like to know if there are any hitches since I plan on putting a 393 in my car someday. :nice:

lower intake is different(so unless you already have a cobra/gt40 you can't use you stock upper) the headers are different, the oil pan is different, the ac/ps bracket is differnt, and its taller so you need a cowl hood

TattooMatt--- the waters pumps are the same

Kid wita 5oh said:
lower intake is different(so unless you already have a cobra/gt40 you can't use you stock upper) the headers are different, the oil pan is different, the ac/ps bracket is differnt, and its taller so you need a cowl hood

TattooMatt--- the waters pumps are the same

Ok. For some reason I thought they were different. Maybe a different length but since I looked at your sig I'll take your word for it. :D

ive got the lower intake, i need a different oil pan, and i need ac and p/s brackets, who sells the fox body swap kit? i knew i need a cowl hood, how big do you need? i have a 2 inch cowl hood in my basement thats in good shape is that enough or am i gonna need a 3 or 4 inch cowl? And for the headers, does someone make headers for a 351 in a fox chasis stang? im defintaly gonna try to have this done before summer vaca is over, because i still have a couple months of school, and i have to finish rebuilding the 351. so is there anything else i should keep in mind?

thanks

MustangGlx said:
ive got the lower intake, i need a different oil pan, and i need ac and p/s brackets, who sells the fox body swap kit? i knew i need a cowl hood, how big do you need? i have a 2 inch cowl hood in my basement thats in good shape is that enough or am i gonna need a 3 or 4 inch cowl? And for the headers, does someone make headers for a 351 in a fox chasis stang? im defintaly gonna try to have this done before summer vaca is over, because i still have a couple months of school, and i have to finish rebuilding the 351. so is there anything else i should keep in mind?

thanks

i have a ps/ac bracket if your interested... as far as the kit, almost every one sells them check around for the best prices.... 2inches prolly wont be enough, unless you get the drop motor mounts
almost all the companies make 351 swap headers, i use mac and am very happy with them

MustangGlx said:

thanks

I know that FRPP sells shorty headers and hooker makes LTs for a 351 fox conversion. They also sell a conversion kit which includes all of the parts you would have to swap except for the accessory brackets. There may be other companies out there that offer one of their own. I saw the kit in the Mustangs Unlimited catalog. I'm not 100% positive about the hood though.