351W to 393.....

94VERTGT

Jul 21, 2004
Louisiana
I'm John and I'm in the process of making my list of parts for my 351 stroked out to 393. This will be a budget build but the power I'm looking to get won't seem like it's budget build...LOL!! Dependabilty is very high on the list but as dependable as an everyday driver can be. I have decided to go carburated..(I know carbs aren't exactly dependable but it's a cheaper alternative than spending the cash for a piggy back computer system..maybe after i save some more cash I'll go back to EFI)..I started looking at the AED 750 HO Carb for starters.....but I know NOTHING about them...I know after researching for the past two weeks that is the middle ground when it comes to high powered motors...and I've been talking to ALOT of knowledgable people. For the moment the parts list is as follows:
85 351W Block bore 40 over
Scat 393 stroker Crank
Eagle H-beam rods
J&E pistons (flat top)
AFR 185 maybe 205 heads
Roller conversion kit
AED 750 HO Carb

I ALREADY HAVE:
373 gears
Aluminum Drive shaft
Tremec TKO 500 Tranny
Now the intake is something I have been at odds with....does anyone have any idea as to which intake I should go with. This will be a high compression engine and the cam is another area of concern. I don't know enough about them to make a educated decision. What I do know is that is has to have more than a 400 lift. Like i said before input is welcomed. I'm looking for this motor to punch out atleast 500hp....if I get more that's gravy to me...besides that it will be an everyday driver and weekend racer...it's my wifes ride so...light speed isn't what I'm looking for....solid 13-12 sec car is good to me. This motor is going into a 94 vert GT.
I'm never closed to more suggestions or comments about this build up.
98251-thmb.jpg

• Sponsors (?)