351W w/ TFS R, will valve covers fit?

fords2fast4u

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2000
Mission Viejo, CA
anyone with a 351W and a TFS R long runner intake running the tall motorsport valve covers?

I've got to buy some within the next week or so but am no home to see if they'll fit. anyone with a EFI 351W please chime in! thanks!

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Are you using the TFS Twisted Wedge heads as well? I have a similar set-up but with those heads and am using a 1" phenolic spacer. I and am using aluminum cobra valve covers from ford racing. Fits fine.

no, i've got some pro comps i think (210cc head comparable to the victor Jr i was told)

i have a set of victor jrs, but the engine i bought came with these ported/polished, so i'll probably just leave them on there.

are the TW heads higher or lower than victor jrs?

don't know if i want to run a spacer or not... still gotta buy a hood and was wanting the storman norman cervini's, but not sure if that'll give me enough room. what kind of hood are you running with the 351W TFS intake and spacer?

thanks

I have a sup vic jr on my 351 and can run a carb intake...but then again it requires me to have a 4 inch hood to clear the t/b.

Any reason u want to run them other than they look better? U can make ur stockers clear roller rockers. Real simple, about a half and hour with an air grinder and they fit like a charm. Plus it makes it look slow.... :)

i have to get new covers b/c i bought a whole new engine and am selling the old one complete. So if I'm getting new ones, i like the looks of the Ford ones.

and I think they do offer the spacer for the trick flow.

PS i don't think i can pull off slow with the TFS intake, polished accufab, C&L meter and inlet tube~! LOL

hey Squeak, i saw you are from Jolin. I've got alot of family out there. In fact nearly all my family live in SW MO. I'll be in Claremore, OK this summer building my 93... we should meet up. I'd be interested to see your ride.

speaking of which, i was looking at your combo and wondering what kind of times you ran or what your power was? thanks