357 users w/ carbs

94TURBO5 O

Mar 14, 2004
VA
I have decided to build my 357 for carb set-up. For the user with this type set-up what carb and intake are you have any success with?

What are your trans set-ups also manual or auto? Which should I go with for all out drag car only no street use.

I'm looking to run a 250 shot. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

E-brock' Super Victor Intake is really the only choice.

For a good N2O carb I would go to Pro Systems, Patrick is one of the best guys/tuners out.

For an all out race car I would build an automatic. I would say C-4 unless you plan on a lot of power and a small tire, then go Powerglide.

well this all depends on your pocket book. but on carbs i only run bigs on mine. i have had verry good luck with all the carbs i have had from them give jesse a call at 715-835-3726.

now onto the pocket book. for a trany on a all out race car most popular choice is a c4 or a power glide like rick mentioned. now your looking at spending some money on torque converters. good ones are around 800 bucks. trans breaks, sfifters are all extra money to. then going with a full roller trany is a good investment. if you want to stay with a manual trany look for a top loader. with racing consistancy is the key thats why majorty of people run automatics.

i run a californial performance trany. ( use to be art carr from california) full roller c4 with a trans break. i run percision industries stallion converter. they are cheaper and some people dont care for them i have had good luck with it. 5k stall speed. sfi bell housing. and a b&m rachet shifter that is reversed for the valve body.

Second the super victor

I run that on the 418 with a 1000cfm demon (tad too big :rolleyes: ) But....motor made 581/539 at the flywheel with box stock parts, hydro roller, and on pump gas. 3300lb car and it went 126.66 on the second pass. One other thing I would recomend is dont scrimp on the fuel system. I run a stock tank with the tank insert. Aeromtotive street rod pump, aeromotive filters before/after, -10 feed line and -8 return. I had to modify the insert as it came with -10 and a -6 fitting. Good luck.
mike.

Rick, curious why are you recomending such big hardware? He just wants to run a 357. If he goes with a stock crank, do you think that he will be able to take advantage of the 1000 cfm carb and super victor?

IMO for a decent 351 based drag car, victor JR and a 750 to 850 carb. Simple double pumper on a budget with a proform center section. Demon if you have a little more cash.

It all depends on your goals and budget. BTW what are they?

As of right now I just picked up the 93 GT and I have the block all set for assembly. I haven't blueprinted anything in stone yet but I plan on spending about 8K to get it running and mod it from there on. That's all the internals, HCI. I have an extra Tremec so I might plop that in the start and then move into a c4 when the taxes come in. I get a lot of good deals so maybe this will turn out cheaper than I anticipate. I want to try to have it ready for Spring. If I run out of $$ I'll just start selling stuff off the 94. :D

hllon4whls said:
Rick, curious why are you recomending such big hardware? He just wants to run a 357. If he goes with a stock crank, do you think that he will be able to take advantage of the 1000 cfm carb and super victor?

IMO for a decent 351 based drag car, victor JR and a 750 to 850 carb. Simple double pumper on a budget with a proform center section. Demon if you have a little more cash.

It all depends on your goals and budget. BTW what are they?

He said all out race car.... I automatically pictured, high rpm, big soild roller, etc...

Joe ran the carb on a 377 and had no issues at all, so the small cube motor will be fine as long as it turns 7000rpms.

For a nice mild 351W based set-up the Vic Jr would be better, especially if it is a street car.

It all depends on his goal... I second that, what is it? I have a nasty custom Billet soild roller for a N2O combo, let me know if you'd be interested.

FTI .688/.688, 262/272 @ .050 114 Sep, 112 Cnter line.

Bronze distributor gear REQUIRED.

The power band is roughly between 3500 to 7500 rpm for 385-410 cubic inches.
The power band is roughly between 3800 to 7800 rpm for 347-360 cubic inches.
Gear the vehicle accordingly.
The preferred spring pressure is 220#-230# on the seat.
It is highly recommended to use the best racing cylinder head possible.

JR, if you decided to stroke it let me know, I'll see if I can help you on internals. :nice: