35th Anniversary Floor Mats in a Fox

• Sponsors (?)

larrendeuce said:
I use those mats in my car, except mine don't have the logos. They fit nice, I think the only difference between the sn95 and fox mats are the hole for the mat retaining hook.

You ordered the ones for the '94 and they fit, right? If I get them, are they going to come with the hole and is it big? Did you cover it up with anything or is it just fine?

I worked at a detail shop, all the old mats came out of the cars so I took mine out of a 2000 GT vert :p Anyhow its a metal hole, its not too big and it doesn't hurt anything. If you really want to you could install the hook into the carpet and make it functional. I don't have any pics of them though.

larrendeuce said:
I worked at a detail shop, all the old mats came out of the cars> so I took mine out of a 2000 GT vert :p Anyhow its a metal hole, its not too big and it doesn't hurt anything. If you really want to you could install the hook into the carpet and make it functional. I don't have any pics of them though.

What does the hook really do for it? What do you mean by functional? I thought you just take the mat put it in and thats that. Do you mean that the hook keeps it in place?

On the newer cars there is a plastic hook that snaps into a metal hole in the carpet, then loops through the floormat to keep it from sliding foreward. I have never had a problem with my floormats moving at all without the hook though.

larrendeuce said:
On the newer cars there is a plastic hook that snaps into a metal hole in the carpet, then loops through the floormat to keep it from sliding foreward. I have never had a problem with my floormats moving at all without the hook though.

I understand you now. The stock floor mats that I have in the stang have never given me a problem with moving or anything like that, they just seem to stay in place. So then I guess I won't get the hook for it if I buy those floor mats. Did you cover up the holes in the floor mats in your stang? or do you just let the holes be shown?

StreetStang302 said:
I understand you now. The stock floor mats that I have in the stang have never given me a problem with moving or anything like that, they just seem to stay in place. So then I guess I won't get the hook for it if I buy those floor mats. Did you cover up the holes in the floor mats in your stang? or do you just let the holes be shown?

Its one hole in the drivers mat. You wouldn't notice it unless your looking for it.

larrendeuce said:
hmm, thats a far :spot:

That is a far :spot:, you should come down one day though, there is car show every Saturday night in my hometown of Lyndhurst, it is at a place called Whiskey Cafe. Free Admission, and all types of domestic cars, any years, you should come down one day and we'll go there.