383 twin turbo head

ef200098

Dec 20, 2004
haven't posted up on here in a while, but here goes. i am wondering what head would be a nice street/strip head to go with for a 383 8.5:1 twin turbo. cam will be done by ed c most likely. i know that there is a guy on here that is running a 393 twin turbo with afr 205 heads, and several other turbo guys on here. im just wondering your results. i dont want to spin this over 6-6.5k and i want to have very good street manners. let me know what u guys think

mike

• Sponsors (?)

ef200098 said:
haven't posted up on here in a while, but here goes. i am wondering what head would be a nice street/strip head to go with for a 383 8.5:1 twin turbo. cam will be done by ed c most likely. i know that there is a guy on here that is running a 393 twin turbo with afr 205 heads, and several other turbo guys on here. im just wondering your results. i dont want to spin this over 6-6.5k and i want to have very good street manners. let me know what u guys think

mike
383 Ford?

absolutely. 351w based. i was thinking about victor jr's because of the 1280 price tag, but if i will leave something on the table. i will go with the 205's

mike

The Vics on a 351 based stroker is a good thing. Remember, although on a NA motor a large intake runner is a bad thing for a street car, you dont need to worry about it with a turbo. You always want to oversize the runners on a boosted application otherwise its a restriction. You can get away with a larger runner and keep driveability because the boost will keep the runners full of fast moving air. So dont be afraid of 205s or Vic heads. Either is suitable and anything you may lose by running the Vic head is justified by the $800 you'll save and can put towards something else.

im just worried about having to run alot more boost to compesate for the vic's not flowing as well. they are 210cc and 2.05 valves that only flow 291cfm compared to the 300+ with the smaller intake runner with a larger 2.08 valve.

My choice would be the AFR205's, they are well worth the money over the Vic Jr's and will perform just fine. If you go with the Vic Jr's do some bowl work, clean up the exh, short turn radius work and put a good valve job on them

I know of a guy selling an extrude honed set of street heats (not to be confused with track heats), meant for turbo street car. They aren't going to come cheap though (and are still bare).