393 STROKER WILL STOCK COMPUTER WORK

393 notch

Jan 1, 2007
HEY GUYS,IM NEW TO THE SIGHT, I LEARNED ALOT BY READING YOUR THREADS. HOPE YOU CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY SITUATION. HERE GOES, IVE GOT A 393 STROKER,TKO600,CHP SPIDER INTAKE, AND A STOCK 53,000 MILE NOTCH. EFI. WILL THE STOCK COMPUTER BE CAPABLE OF RUNNING THIS ENGINE TO ITS POTENTIAL? ILL ADD THE NESS. LARGER T/B..INJECTORS.MASS AIR.FUEL PUMP.ETC. MY MAIN CONCERN IS WILL THE STOCK 5 SPEED COMPUTER BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT. I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND NICKY NOTCH, THAT HAS A AEM STAND ALONE AND HE SWEARS BY IT.. NOT TO MENTION HE KNOWS HIS STUFF ABOUT THE EFI GAME.HES GOT A WICKED 9 SEC NOTCH. 347. BUT I THOGHT ID ASK YOU GUYS AS WELL. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.. THX GUYS AND GIRLS..

• Sponsors (?)

I guess in all the threads you must've read, you missed the one that says when guys type in all caps it makes them look not so smart.

Now show me pics! :SNSign:

Alright children, settle down.

:rolleyes:

The stock A9L will get that motor to run, if you carefully select the MAF and injectors.

However, that setup will never be optimized by the stock tune.
I recommend either a personal tuner/stand alone or a dyno tune.
There are some good discussions on most of the common systems for the Mustang in the 5.0 Tuning Sub-Forum here.

If you do go with a tune, then consider that the MAF and Injectors don't have to be calibrated to each other.
You will be able to tell the computer exactly what injectors and MAF are being used. The 90mm LMAF can be found for less than 100.

:Word:

Get it tuned asap.
I've been there and done that and with my Pro-M maf and 42's, the car ran so rich that it washed the rings out right off the bat when I ran mine. It forced a rebuild on my brand new high $$$ 418. Personally I will never fire up a new combo unless I have my wideband plugged in or it's sitting on the dyno with software hooked up to adjust.
Either way though you will need a tune to even come close to peak performance.