Electrical 3g alt interchange cars

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
So most write ups say to get an alternator off a 94 95 5.0 mustang but when I look up a 94 95 3.8 its the same part number. Does one fit better than the other?

I know search for it, but the Taurus ones don't fit the same right?

I'm also going to post the wiring I do have to see if i have everything id need to wire it up.

Upgrade the ground wire to the motor too?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Sponsors (?)

The 94-95 Mustang alts are all the same as I recall.

Some alts from Tauri require clocking. It's easier to use something that is more directly plug and play.

If you're willing to forego a few amps in favor of not needing to grind the accessory bracket, you can use a Mustang 6G instead.

Upgrading the ground path is a good idea.

Do you have a way to properly install the ring terminals? You might want to look at getting a premade cable with fuseholder.

You could use one of the 6' runs of ground cable to make your own ground cable (since a failure or issue with the ground side is not critical as it would be with the positive side).

Do you have solder, heatshrink and other necessities for making the rectifier wiring modification?

You might want to cruise through some of the published tutorials to see what you're missing and how you want to proceed. The info in the 3G sticky is kinda diluted and many of the pics are gone.