3G Alternator Install: A How To

Hey guys sorry if I'm asking a question that's been beaten to death already, but better safe than sorry. I guess my confusion comes from reading into the install too much and having several information sources. Question is, Has there been an update on how to tackle the wiring mod? I saw somewhere that the green/red wire on the regulator harness is then hooked up to the alternator's output post with the power wire.

Another thing is, on the white/black wire, I know it goes to the stator plug, can I just cut it from the regulator harness, so it just goes straight form that harness to the stator? that means the old power wire and the white/black wire with it gets taped up.

Again, sorry, I know some of my questions have been asked and answered a billion times.

Here's what I have so far 1479335004667-291801793.jpg
Go back the very first page of this thread and go to the bottom of the page.

There you will see jrichker and a set of drawings and instructions that completely describe what you need to do.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It's honestly overwhelming until you see it in person. It's best to either get the harness off eBay or from the parts yard.

You need a big charge cable from the stud to the battery or + of solenoid .

Green wire goes to green wire on car.

Yellow goes to the stud

White/black gets plugged into the stator

I found that getting a full harness from a 90's Taurus is ideal. Everything is already set up, just splice the green wire and the rest is done. Even has a nice fused charge wire.

It's honestly overwhelming until you see it in person. It's best to either get the harness off eBay or from the parts yard.

You need a big charge cable from the stud to the battery or + of solenoid .

Green wire goes to green wire on car.

Yellow goes to the stud

White/black gets plugged into the stator

I found that getting a full harness from a 90's Taurus is ideal. Everything is already set up, just splice the green wire and the rest is done. Even has a nice fused charge wire.
Do you have any idea what gauge the charge wire is or how many amps the fuse is rated for?

thanks to you jrichker i feel comfortable with trying to do this conversion for myself.. I have been reading a bunch of different posts about this or that, what to do what not to do. the picture diagrams are awesome! You put in some good work and time into this post and i just wanted to say thanks for help. I am far from a car mechanic, and i really want to figure out how to do some of the work for myself and guys like you with posts like this are fantastic