3G alternator needs a new bracket?

I got the powermaster 150 amp one wire hookup altenator. I guess it starts charging at 1500 rpm. I want to make it so its always a 14.5 volts non dependant of rpm. Does anyone know how to do this? When I first start the car up it charges at 10.5 volts until I rev it up and then it will sit at 14 volts. Im using a painless wiring 18 circuit harness and it has a white wire on it thats suposed to hook up on the altenator. Maybe this is the exicter wire?

• Sponsors (?)

87ttopstang said:
Anyone on here have a chrome alternator from these guys? Much cheaper than PAPERFORMANCE. Just wondering what the quality is.
I do(chrome 160 amp). I was suprised, relieved and very pleased with the quality. I just had it tested today and it's putting out 189 amps:banana:
I wanted to go Pa Performance, but if i did i would only be able to get the regular finish and not the chrome. Pa performance was more that double the price for the chrome version. When you get the power wire, order from Pa Performance, because it seems better quality and includes the 200amp inline fuse while Alterstarts didn't have a fuse and was much shorter. Not bad for $220 shipped to my door with lifetime warranty. Friendly peeps also. :spot: