4.6 2v Question

I just picked up a 2001 GT with a vortech. The person I got it from said the motor was hurt so I pulled the plugs and number 3 has a lifted ring land. My question is I found a new motor out of a 2008 crown vic with 40,000 miles on it for 375.00. Its been 14 years since I been in the mustang game and I think all the motors are the same but I justed wanted to make sure before I buy. So any help/advise is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The 2008 CV motor will fit with some changes or swapped parts. The exact list of parts will depend upon the donor motor and the exact configuration of the donor motor.

The long blocks are the same but there will be some parts and sensors to swap. As well as some sensors to remove/not connect.

But given you have a complete original Mustang motor to start with, it's a matter of putting both motors on an engine stand and make the donor look like the original.

Last edited:
If the 2001 is a Romeo based engine, the crown vic will work. You need to disconnect the knock sensor and there is another sensor on the driver side head that is unneeded. Everything else will bolt right up.

Reactions: 1 user