4.6 DOHC SC into a 95 Cobra... thoughts?

DualXhst289

Aug 28, 2009
I have a95 Cobra project car. May have a in to pick up a 03 Cobra Vert, running and complete, for a good price. Its a Katrina car. Thoughts on moving that powerplant into my 95.......

• Sponsors (?)

I have a95 Cobra project car. May have a in to pick up a 03 Cobra Vert, running and complete, for a good price. Its a Katrina car. Thoughts on moving that powerplant into my 95.......
You have to get the engine from somewhere....and getting a whole car to source it from is the best way to do it. The car it's coming from probably has the word " flood" on its car fax, which kills the potential resale on the car it's in anyway.

Makes sense to me.

CarMike.... "flood" is correct. Title is also Salvaged. I know this is a big, time consuming swap. Is it worth implanting the motor from "thre perfect mustang", in its hayday, and ditching the "perfect block"? I know i would have to almost double the HP in the 5.0 to match the DOHC SC.
You have to get the engine from somewhere....and getting a whole car to source it from is the best way to do it. The car it's coming from probably has the word " flood" on its car fax, which kills the potential resale on the car it's in anyway.

Makes sense to me.

I'm kinda like 'keep the rare cars the way they are ' mild mods, wheels, that kind of thing, stuff that can be reinstalled, and the 94-5s are a transition model, that said, it may be easy to drop that termi (I think thats what they were called) engine in there, after all both are cobras, I say go for it, did the 03 come with the independent rear? I think so, that would be another bonus, I'm basically a fox guy, but I do have a cobra intake, it just happens to be connected to a 95 cobra vert.I
DO IT!

General..... yes, i do believe it had the IRS.

Originally iwas only going to slightly Modify at. 9495 Zoar not sought after but you're right they were a transition car. They may become a collector in 30 years. But, I also remember when that 03 came out with that power plant everybody wanted it. My uncle had one that thing was a beast.

I'm kind of torn between the two. What would that complete car I fingertips, I would have everything I need to do that swap.

I'd gut that 03. I'd swap everything over ( including the irs rear end)

The car stopped being worth anything more than a donor the day that somebody claimed it as a flood damaged car. If it was truly underwater, you'll have to be careful that the running gear has had all of its fluids changed, and be sure to get the required electronics checked out for potential water damage.
That car could've been underwater for days.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Carmichael..... I do not believe the car was fully submerged. The interior is immaculate. And everything works on the car. But, I do agree, that doing a thorough inspection upon disassembly would be a necessity.

I found someone selling a 98 cobra 4.6 and trans that I thought about swapping into a 96 that’s currently set up for a 5.0.

After looking into it, I passed. Since I didn’t have a complete donor car, it would’ve been too much of a pain in the ass. With the complete donor car it wouldn’t be too crazy, but it’s still a pretty big project.

A 95 with terminator running gear would be pretty sweet.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd gut that 03. I'd swap everything over ( including the irs rear end)

The car stopped being worth anything more than a donor the day that somebody claimed it as a flood damaged car. If it was truly underwater, you'll have to be careful that the running gear has had all of its fluids changed, and be sure to get the required electronics checked out for potential water damage.
That car could've been underwater for days.

This^

...and screw the electronics. You'd be better off with a stand alone system anyway vs. trying to get the necessary pieces to make the OEM computer(s) happy (referring to dash and displays etc). Having all of the harnesses will be def be nice.

Yeah it's the 4.6 4v with an Eaton supercharger it's decent because of the blower. But not knowing his budget a harness and coyote long block used is under 6k.

No desire for a coyote bc i have a complete Terminator with in reach. There's one more person i need to convince

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180813-142545_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20180813-142545_Google.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 187
  • Screenshot_20180813-142545_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20180813-142545_Google.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 130
A Termi is pretty much a good burrito fart away from making just as much power as a stock Coyote, and the sky is the limit from there. Coyotes are cool, but with the Terminator you have an engine that, from the factory, will support 4-digit power numbers and is just a pulley and tune away from being real silly on the street.

I'd take the Termi over a Coyote any day.