4.6 freak ?

• Sponsors (?)

Mikie said:
Guys,
The reason he pulled isnt hard to see.
His stang has 3.27 gears and the Z has 2.73 highway gears...blah
The 5 speed stang stands a real good shot at holding with or even winning in the 1/8th mile with an auto LS1.
Now if they would have stretched it out to the 1/4 then the Z would eventually catch him.
A 6 speed with 3.42 gears is a whole different ball game.
I ran 8.59 bone stock in the 1/8th with a 1.98 60'

I dont think you have a Freak at all. That 4.6 youve got is nothing to sneeze at bro.

Later
Mike
Im pretty sure all the craparo's, I mean camaros come with 3.42's. Just like all of ours come with 3.27's. One more advantage for the camaro.

Roger Ramjet said:
I'm with you! Having owned 2 LT powered cars, 3 LS powered cars, and the Mustangs listed below - I have to throw the flag.
:bs:

well like it or lump it I pulled him 2 cars.

Mikie said:
Guys,
The reason he pulled isnt hard to see.
His stang has 3.27 gears and the Z has 2.73 highway gears...blah
The 5 speed stang stands a real good shot at holding with or even winning in the 1/8th mile with an auto LS1.
Now if they would have stretched it out to the 1/4 then the Z would eventually catch him.
A 6 speed with 3.42 gears is a whole different ball game.
I ran 8.59 bone stock in the 1/8th with a 1.98 60'

I dont think you have a Freak at all. That 4.6 youve got is nothing to sneeze at bro.

Later
Mike

you make alot of sense.. i dont know why some ppl try and tell me what the hell i did do and what i didn't do :fuss: :uzi: :chair: Im not sneezing at nothing man. I know it ain't the fastest in the world but compared to similar stangs that my friends have , mine still feels alot stronger. If i wanted to sneeze at something it would be my 1990 coupe... lets just say she isn't powered by a chevy :rlaugh:

Roger Ramjet said:
I'm with you! Having owned 2 LT powered cars, 3 LS powered cars, and the Mustangs listed below - I have to throw the flag.
:bs:

Having the only Mustang out of my all my close friends...who all drive LS1's...they are beatable on the street. A stop light race will usually only go an 1/8th mile or less, unless your really crazy. A 5spd stang with a great launch can EASILY put a car or two on an automatic LS1 until the 8th mile. The LS1 is a VERY powerful engine...way more powerful then my 4.6 BUT it is NOT UNBEATABLE like some people like to believe.

Hey GUY,
The only way youll understand is..
Go get your friend with the z28 ls1, Go on the highway and race from a 3rd gear roll.. When he starts to rape your ass come back and let us know that your car wasnt running right that day.. :rlaugh:

-Zee

equal drivers, same type of mods, the ls1 will rape a gt. I beat plenty of ls1s but i know all they need is a couple of mods, sticky tires and driver skill and they will walk me. The ones that beat me are usually the 110mph+ ones though, they come ripping by around the 1/8th mile

you make alot of sense.. i dont know why some ppl try and tell me what the hell i did do and what i didn't do :fuss: :uzi: :chair: Im not sneezing at nothing man. I know it ain't the fastest in the world but compared to similar stangs that my friends have , mine still feels alot stronger. If i wanted to sneeze at something it would be my 1990 coupe... lets just say she isn't powered by a chevy :rlaugh:

When I said sneeze at I didnt mean you I meant that some Chevy guys think the 4.6 isnt strong and I know different. Hence what I said...
Your car is not to be sneezed at. It was a complement.

quote by V8thunder1
Im pretty sure all the craparo's, I mean camaros come with 3.42's. Just like all of ours come with 3.27's. One more advantage for the camaro.

Not true what so ever....
All autos come with standard 2.73 gearing and could be purchased with a performance option of a 3.23

Only the M6 comes with a 3.42

Lata
Mike

I thought my car was fast as hell too. Then I went out to Atco for the first time and ran a 14.4. :rolleyes:

Timeslips are good at telling you "Nope.......don't think so."

:rlaugh:

i dont really care who wants to start a pissing match with me but think what u want to think and i'll go by what i know. I never said my car was extremely fast or a high 13 or mid 13 sec. factory freak. All i plainly said was that my stang took and auto ls1 up to 3rd gear, then we shut them off, and that it felt a bit stronger than any of my friends stangs with similar mods. I know an ls1 is a top end monster and racing from a roll with these guys is like " a one legged man in an ass kicking contest". They can be beat. Besides it was my daily driver, I keep my fast stang in the garage under a cover.

Mikie - k.. i misunderstood your comment. :cheers:

its ur stang, if u think its a factory freak, then u think its a factory freak. no one can tell u otherwise. i just think u know how to drive it like its supposed to be driven. ive taken other gt's and other gt's have taken me, we've all been stock so its just how well u drive that makes the car seem like its fast to you.

u drive a freinds car, but say u shift too early cuz its his car and dont want to rag on it... or dont really slam the gears cuz ur afraid to break something in someone elses car. all these things play a part.

ur stang, u drive how u want. like a damn race car. u drive it everyday. no doubt ur gonna go faster in urs :) just like i think i have the fastest stock stang in the WORLD!

) y2kGT ( said:
i dont really care who wants to start a pissing match with me but think what u want to think and i'll go by what i know. I never said my car was extremely fast or a high 13 or mid 13 sec. factory freak. All i plainly said was that my stang took and auto ls1 up to 3rd gear, then we shut them off, and that it felt a bit stronger than any of my friends stangs with similar mods. I know an ls1 is a top end monster and racing from a roll with these guys is like " a one legged man in an ass kicking contest". They can be beat. Besides it was my daily driver, I keep my fast stang in the garage under a cover.

Mikie - k.. i misunderstood your comment. :cheers:

congrats, its good to have someone that seems to enjoy the car stock.
a race is a race.

maybe the guy(camaro) couldnt drive, maybe he could. who cares. if you pulled on him thats awesome.

Roger ramjet, when you say everyone wins... they only post the stories because they win. why would you want to post an owned story unless its really interesting? :shrug:

stop givin the guy a hard time

i dont mind posting an 0wn3d story... but i never street race often just once oin awhile late at night when nobody out. I have no problem losing to another American made car :flag: , but if i lose to an import i'll order me a damn suupercharger :D .. right before me and my buddy raced we were sitting in the parking lot talking to alot of friends... i had the only stang there. Mostly ls1's and ram air's. When all of a sudden there was ared Hennesy 650 Viper come rolling by us. So we flip the guy off hoping he'll come back and want to race. We know that we didn't have anything to match him but hey how often do u get to see one of these babys in action. He turns around and it came down to him racing my buddy Chevrolet 3500 dually... now can u say :owned: .. it was good fun just to see that thing rip.

To anyone who knows - what will a car that runs 6.07 in the 1/8th run in the 1/4 ? Can anyone give me a close guess?