4.6 in a II

• Sponsors (?)

Those aren't easy to come by. Besides, I guess I just have a thing for the 4.6. I fell in love with the sound when I bought my 98Gt. Also the spark plugs go in straight from the top of the motor ;)

chew on this

attachment.php

:nice: Those were some good build up photos of "Thundersnake". IOt would appear that the 4.6 oil pan design provided more clearance between the rack and pinion that us old school motor guys. I'd be interested on how those headers actually worked! The placement of the exhaust ports between that car and the yellow hatch, would lead you to believe that it would be an easier install over us guys with 351c's. CobraIILover, got any photos of the header setup, what size are those primaries?

74ProII said:
:nice: Those were some good build up photos of "Thundersnake". IOt would appear that the 4.6 oil pan design provided more clearance between the rack and pinion that us old school motor guys. I'd be interested on how those headers actually worked! The placement of the exhaust ports between that car and the yellow hatch, would lead you to believe that it would be an easier install over us guys with 351c's. CobraIILover, got any photos of the header setup, what size are those primaries?

I don't have any recent pics of the headers installed, but I can take some. The primaries are 1 5/8" which is what we run on most of the modular 2V motors. As for the oil pan, it only provided good clearance because I made it that way :D. I sectioned an inch out of the pan, flipped it around so it was front sump, and welded it back together.