4 bolt mains w/pix

pb_paulie_b

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
Chaptico, Maryland
Heres a couple of shots of my block. Is it me or does the bottom of the block look milled? Everyone I've seen has a little ridge along the sides of the mains? Would you 4 bolt main this block? I've heard some say yes and some say no. I got an all forged assembly going in and the YS to blow on it so I need to know if it's worth the effort to install 4 bolt main caps. Thanks for looking:nice: .
View attachment 492621
View attachment 492623

• Sponsors (?)

here is a pic of my fully girdled upper and lower block with a V-7 YSI @ 4k 550++ hp.

IMAG0110.jpg

soo to answer you question do it right the first time
R302, A4, World, or as i did DART

then you'll never have to worry

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 53
LMFAO at S&B

Well it appears that is a 1969 351W, correct? We have made 800+ through them for a few seasons, but like S&B I am a true advocate of a race block when the power level gets over 500hp. They have the meat to go to a 4 bolt cap if you want to. The bottom of the block should look like that and it should have a small lip where the cap index's to the block.

:lol: ohh its a 351 :lol:

I know you can get some monster cubes out of a dart 351, with that block and then the YS your talking 1k HP, if you can handle that much noise.

My block was your tried and true 302 block w/ a 331 cube setup.

hahahhahaha

Thanx. I didn't even attempt to build my 5.0. Rick, Stangnet should be bank roll'in you:D . To tell the truth folks I really can't afford a race block. I got to many things goin on right now. I did pick up the best thing I could get right now, the 69' 351. I'm goin to TRY and limit myself to 750hp. This is a street car. I just was wondering if 4 bolt mains would help my block live longer.
Rick you ever come down MIR? or Maple Groove??

The bolt bolt mains will help keep the caps from walking, which is common on the small block Fords. I get down to MIR and Maple Grove.

Bankroll...I wish ;)