4 cyl to V8 swap guys in here

• Sponsors (?)

HMM, I have never heard anyone ask that question. If no one has an answer for you I would just take measurements for depth and what not. Then, as long as the bolt pattern is the same then it should bolt right up. I highly doubt it will work but honestly.. I have seen stranger things. sorry I was of no help whatsoever LOL

tbadair said:
HMM, I have never heard anyone ask that question. If no one has an answer for you I would just take measurements for depth and what not. Then, as long as the bolt pattern is the same then it should bolt right up. I highly doubt it will work but honestly.. I have seen stranger things. sorry I was of no help whatsoever LOL
thanks for the input, basically what i am concerned about is the bolt pattern.

no the bellhousing for a 4 banger and v8 is different mainly due to the position of the clutch fork and i belive the bolt pattern is different too,you have to have a bell off of a v8 in order for everything to work.you will also have to change the pilot shaft bearing in the back of the crank for the v8 to accept the smaller dia. input shaft on the 4cyl tranny.

slow93 said:
no the bellhousing for a 4 banger and v8 is different mainly due to the position of the clutch fork and i belive the bolt pattern is different too,you have to have a bell off of a v8 in order for everything to work.you will also have to change the pilot shaft bearing in the back of the crank for the v8 to accept the smaller dia. input shaft on the 4cyl tranny.
thanks man, not what i wanted to hear, but thanks. i am actually thinking of putting a V8 bell/tranny on the 4cyl.