4 Lug Skinnie Rims

• Sponsors (?)

Go to your local junkyard or call menards in chester, NH and ask for SVO spares. They are polished aluminum discs so light I can lift the rim+tire with one finger. They look _quite_ good cleaned up but I would run them with a solid rim on the rear and not "star" rims or it will look very mismatched. Bout 50 bucks a pop. 4 lug.

I drive this on the street/highway a week now like this (16 inch ponies and 15 inch spares) and it's.....different. Braking doesnt seem affected like I feared but the front seems to bounce/slide an itty bitty almost not detectable amount on hard cornering. But the front feels featherweight. I'm gonna turn them inside-out and see if it looks better (they look too deep inside the wheel) and clears the fenderwell for that deep dish look.

Daniel50 said:
i hope you intend to only use the skinnies on the drag strip
i drive mine everyday with skinnies on the front...no problems so far.
1032689_1.jpg

I know my 88 Gt Convertible had a solid aluminum skinny 4 lug spare tire as factory equipped and I am told that all 5.0 fox body convertibles of 87-93 vintage have this type wheel - lots of people use them for skinny front wheels and they look very nice and they are dirt cheap if you can find them anymore at the junk yard or try ebay

slow93 said:
i drive mine everyday with skinnies on the front...no problems so far.

I agree also, I drive with my skinnies, and Drag Radials (no sway bar either) everyday, rain or shine. You can't be takin corners at lightning speeds, but if you drive with common sense , you'll be fine.

crazypete said:
These are the SVO spares of which I speak.

If those were SVO spares, they would have 5-lugs.

Those are not made for high speeds or extended use, although maybe the rims work ok with other tires, I'd still be leary of it. I'd rather just stick with an aftermarket rim designed for such purpose.

marine_2003 said:
how long have you been driving on the 3.5"? ill more than likely stick with my 15x10.5 if i cant fit the 15x12

I don't know that I would daily drive on a 3.5" rim, but I do have them on my car and have for a while.

As for the 15x12 -- no way it will fit inside a stock wheelwell -- it would need to be tubbed to keep it inside the fenders. I don't think Weld makes a 15x10.5" rim, you more than likely have a 15x10 currently -- so use that to figure out if you have an extra 2" to put anyplace.

I found out that with the tires that im running in the rear now 265/50R15 that I have no clearance for the 15x12's. Also i did find out that Weld Doesn't make a 10.5 they only make a 15x10 which is fine, hopefully that 15x3.5 and the 15x10's will look good.

Does anyone reccomend a drag radial?