4 lug to 5 lug

jacob_9249

Jun 12, 2008
tn
i know to change a 4 lug to a 5 lug in the rear you just change axles.but in the front do you just change the rotor?.are they all interchangable?i have a 85 fox body i am wanting to convert to 5 lug.any info?

• Sponsors (?)

Well '85's have the 10" rotors, so i beleive you need 5-lug rotors off a ranger.

Keep in mind not all wheels will fit this rotor. You need to decide what wheels you want to run first and see if they will fit those rotors

I just went through this.
You have a few options here. IMO find 94' or 95' sn95 spindles, rotors and calipers. This is the cheaper way to acquire good brakes with goood value.
The better option is to find 96' to 05' cobra spindles, rotors and calipers. This is a little more expensive, but the rotors are 13" (for 17" wheels), and PBR calipers. The spindles will increase your track 8mm. Again, IMO this option offers the most value.
I got my information and help from members over on corner-carvers.

'94-'95 Cobra spindles will work as well, as will '96-'04 GT or V6 spindles. The spindles stay the same across V6, GT and Cobra models but the design was changed every few years. '94-'95 spindles will keep the stock fox track width and are what most people here on stangnet reccomend. The '96-'98 spindles will increase track width 8 mm, and I believe '99-'04 ones are even wider. '05+ spindles are completely different and I don't believe will fit a foxbody.