4 Lug Wheels

• Sponsors (?)

Practically speaking, the peak torque is traction limited & the wheel doesn't care if the torque is caused by braking or acceleration, so unless you've increased traction & HP to the point that your 0-60 acceleration times are quicker than factory 60-0 braking times (in which case I envy you!), there's no need to worry about it. Also, generally speaking, wheels see higher loads from hitting a pothole than during braking or acceleration anyway.

But, to answer you question, peak torque limit = bolt yield strength * 1/4 * bolt diameter^2 * π * number of bolts * joint friction coefficient * bolt pattern radius.

this isn't a real question is it ... where's the Doritos , there are guys going low 9s with 4 lug wheels

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

It does not matter how many lugs you have, I am not going racing if you are eating ANY snack food while behind the wheel and plan on shifting. Now if you eat lots of junk food before racing, that might give me a weight advantage! Also, see the equation and calculate the extra weight required for braking wheel studs.:confused:

I think the fifth lug is good insurance against a weak lug if you are using slicks. On Street tires it's unlikely to make a difference. But that's just my opinion.

so i can come off the line hard with 10" slicks with no problem.. as long as im eating doritos.

the Doritos is a joke thing in the forum , and I wasn't trying to be a dick but like I said guys with stock cars run 10 in slick no issues with wheels or studs

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers