4 wheel dics conversion question

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Anyone ever gone this route on a 4 wheel dics conversion? I spoke to this guy who did the conversion and he said he used the stock 87-93 booster but used a 85 towncar master cylinder and used a 85-86 mustang proportioning valve. He said he has an SVO rearend and has a rock solid pedal!peace

john:p

• Sponsors (?)

85 towncar MC is a 1" bore MC...same as 1993 Cobra MC.

If this is on an 87+ Mustang it's a PITA as none of the fittings interchange and you'll need all adapters and/or custom lines. The 85/85 PV does have the 3rd fitting at the rear, so it makes an easy 3-2 conversion...but a SN95 fitting does the same thing and no need for any funky adapters.

What exactly do you want to accomplish? There are tried and true setups plenty of guys run. If you want a firm pedal, just upside the MC a 1/16". But the pedal feel depends heavily on the calipers mounted on the car. If you have different calipers, a certain MC won't give you the same feel as another setup. The MC doesn't dictate the feel...the hydraulic ratio of the master and calipers as well as booster assist does. But there are literally dozens of combinations of calipers/mc/booster setups to run.

I have asked about what to use before and was told to use a 93 cobra booster,and a S/N master cylinder,3-2 conversion. I have 03 cobra fronts and SVO rears.The guy i talked to said i'd have to use adapters for the 85-86 valve,he has my same brake set up on his car and says the brakes are unbeleivable and sells this set up all the time as a combo and also has his friends running it also with the same results. peace

john:p

Well, i don't doubt it works. Basically you are undersizing the MC which would increase braking...but then using an booster with less assist than the Sn95 booster to balance it out.

But I was just saying the 93 cobra MC is identical to the town car MC. Both are 1" bore MC's. Of course cost of cobra MC vs the town car MC might make a difference, but at least you can use your fluid sensor light. All he's trying to accomplish with the 85-86 PV is a clean way to accomplish a 3-2 conversion. The same can be done by pirating an SN95 PV like below

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/8137872-post105.html
SN-95 proportioning valve on a fox? why not? - Corral Forums

Like i said before, dozens of ways to do this and have good brakes