4 wheel disc questions

• Sponsors (?)

Lincoln VII/SVO propvalve's don't need a 3-2 port conversion. Makes for a clean install once gutted and plugged.

Only on a 79-86...not a 87-93

the 79-86 Mustangs are 2-port from the factory. The 87-93's have a 3rd port under the MC. There is no direct bolt on MC for an 87-93. They all need to have a 3-2 conversion done.

The SVO/Town car MC only directly bolts onto a 79-86 Mustang

as you can see...2 ports
m2140a.jpg

And the adapter kit for an 87-93
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/i.../store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=49_140

Master cylinder size is directly related to the area of the pistons. It's all hydraulic ratios really.

Basically, the smaller the bore MC you use, the softer the pedal will be. But go too small and it won't move enough fluid and you get a mushy feeling.

Stock MC is 21mm bore. This is fine for rear dums because the wheel cylinders require very little fluid to move far. Basically all you are moving is the front calipers. The smallest 4-wheel disk MC is the 94-95 Cobra MC at 15/16...or basically 24mm. The '93 Cobra MC is 25.5mm. The larger you go, the more fluid gets pushed and the stiffer the pedal becomes.

Which MC to use depends on the caliper piston area. So you can't go by someone else's setup if they are using different calipers. It really all depends on the total piston area.

Your setup with the 03 cobra front and the SVO rears is very unique. Basically, the stock Fox has 5654mm^2 of piston surface area (not including the tiny wheel cylinders in the rear) and now with the '03 Cobra fronts and SVO rears, you have 9732mm^2 of caliper piston area....so you nearly doubled it. You need to increase your MC bore proportionally to compensate.

Basically, here are the available MC's

You have the smallest right now...reason why the pedal is mushy. Either of the two largest will be fine. The GT/V6 MC will give you a hydraulic ratio of 17.0:1...which is what the 99-04 V6's are, while the SVO MC gives you a ratio of 15.2:1...which is more ideal.

Most Factory OEM setups are ina range of 13:1 to 16:1....the lower the ratio, the firmer the pedal.

UGH! So what i need to get for the master cylinder is a SVO one?OK. what year was the SVO's? Also i should get a 93 cobra booster to mate up to the SVO master cylinder? All this kinda confussed me,but also makes sence.peace

john:p

1994-1995 GT or V6 1 1/16" MC

or

1984-1986 SVO 1 1/8"

Aong with
1993 Cobra booster
3-2 conversion from MM
FMS prop valve plug
Adjustable prop valve

To be honest, i'd pick up a 94-95 GT/V6 MC and try that first. You can get them under $30 easily used. It would push enough fluid for the brakes and i'd think you'd like the pedal feel much better.