408 Stroker w/ Twin Turbos?

devilmachine

Apr 13, 2002
Paola, KS
Does anyone remember a few years ago when one of the big Mustang magazines published an article about this combination? It was about running a twin turbo setup on a 408 stroker motor. If memory serves me correctly, I believe the artilce stated this combination would produce close to, if not over, 1100 horsepower.

What I'm looking for is, if anyone can remember this artilce to please let me know what issue of what magazine this was in.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i don't believe it was a 408 stroker. i thought it was still a 351w. It was a kid who said he street raced. it was a saleen car aswell i believe. maybe a year or 2 ago in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. I'll look through my mag collection when i get off work.

There was a Dart 331ci build a few years ago in MMFF that used a Dart 4.030 IE block, Scat billet 3.25 crank, Oliver billet 5.4 rods, Ross 8.5:1 dish pistons, neutral balanced, solid roller, AFR 225 heads, Holley intake and a twin turbo that hit 1000fwhp and over 1000fwtq on 15lbs of boost on an engine dyno.

bennettracing.com has 351W strokers w/ turbo's to give u an indication of what they use to get those huge #'s.