Progress Thread 43 years later

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet Car! 5.0 HO Convertible. What more can you ask for?
A Mustang ll
There has to be some in Florida???

There probably aren't too many Mustang II 5.0 High Output Convertibles in Florida.
Just saying.

9184637.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I have never seen one here. The last one I ever seen was when I was in middle school forty years ago. I have only seen a few foxes in Sarasota. A few weeks ago a seen a t top in perfect condition and I was taken back by how cool it was. Even at car shows I have seen one and it had some pretty good flaws. Makes me feel good because I hope to get my ass in gear and show up to one now that my car is worthy

Reactions: 1 users
Update 120320. Last coat of black.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3084.JPG
    IMG_3084.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Winner
Stopped out at quitting time to see the stencils for the stripes.

Attachments

• IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3090.JPG
    IMG_3090.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3091.JPG
    IMG_3091.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 61
So you're having them painted? That's awesome! I had to go with the vinyl on the sides and wanted to have the lemans stripes painted but couldn't get a color match. That's why I have vinyl on my car - and I'm now paying the price for it.

Just an FYI, in case no one is aware, there is a bit of metal flake in the gold. That's what made the color match such a problem for the supplier I was trying to get to find a color.

Wow stencils for replicating the sticker package!
So Awesome! The body is looking arrow straight for being in the pre clear stages!
Daaaaang,thats neat!
Now I'll never be able to keep up with the joneses
Enzios choice engine and paint have got me excited!

there is a bit of metal flake in the gold

Lets hope so, didn't they sell an additive for the gold on the hertz shelby?

Thank you guys. I have the complete gold 3M stripe package (someone could get a good deal on them if they wanted) and really had a hard time deciding on leaving it black or putting the stripes on it. Of course they wanted to paint the stripes and they showed me a 69 Camaro that was black until the sun was shining on it and it had purple flakes in it. I asked it they could do the same for the stripes on my car. (Of course they could) The hard part was to get the stencils made. They aren't perfect but they are really close. The stripes will be very subtle and won't be obvious unless it's sunny. They painted them late Friday night and they removed all the doors and hood to clear coat over everything. I'll get pictures on Monday morning.

• Hell Yeah!
It was hard to get pictures because the sun rarely shines in Minnesota from November 1 to December 31. But here are the best of what I could get just using my phone with the flash.

Rumor is that the sun is supposed shine tomorrow or Wednesday so I'll go out to see if we can roll it outside for a few photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3095.JPG
    IMG_3095.JPG
    526.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3099.JPG
    IMG_3099.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3103.JPG
    IMG_3103.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Wow