45 miles to a tank of gas

94mustang gt

Dec 12, 2011
i have removed engine to re-build front end of 94 mustang gt 5.0 HO and i have got it running but i removed the smog pump and vacume lines to the smog pump and i have put in new distributor and icm and plugs and ford racing wires and i am getting 45 miles to a tank of gas and information will help thanks

• Sponsors (?)

it has the 302 bored 0.30 over oh and .544 lift xtreme energy cam and stock heads and intake just put engine back in without the smog :poo: on there is that causing it?? and its burnning rich so rich it smell like raw gas and the is running rough but runs like hell when i get in to it lol

The removal of smog equipment is not causing it to consume that much fuel. You've got some other issue --or-- like mentioned above, somone is stealing your gas.

Pull codes and buy a locking gas cap.

Thanks for all the info but the car ran great before i pulled the motor and the mass air flow and injectors are all stock that come on the car im gonna try some vacume lines and another set of injectors today i will let you guys know here in a little bit thanks again

94mustang gt, it sounds like maybe you left a line loose or disconnected or something. If you're smelling THAT much gas then I'd say it's probably spilling out somewhere. So it's probably running rough because it's not getting all the fuel it needs, NOT because it's getting too much fuel. Check your fuel pressure. Check and make sure all the injectors are seated properly. Make sure the lines are fully connected properly. Make sure the regulator is seated properly. Let the engine run while you're looking for the problem. If a full tank is getting you just 45 miles then it has to be a significant and obvious leak somewhere. Good luck...

The only way I can think of it consuming that much fuel without leaking it is if an injector jammed open. Pull the plugs and see if any one of them is way off.

Kurt